MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is my first post, but I've been pouring over the site for weeks now in anticipation of ordering my new Cabrio. I finally had a Saturday off and ordered a PW Sidewalk a week ago at International Autos, the only Mini dealership in Wisconsin. I 've been absolutely ecstatic all week, to the point that my friends/family (non-Mini owners) were, like, "enough already!"

My salesman had told me he would get back to me early in the week last week with the rate quote from Mini Financing and my production number. However, he never called, so I emailed him but got no response. I finally managed to get a hold of him via phone yesterday early afternoon and he said he'd call me back in a few minutes with my info. Hours passed. No call. Finally, after the dealership has closed, I got a response to my earlier email.

The news - Mini is no longer offering the Sidewalk package. The man who sold me my car had not followed up on my production status as promised, so not only can't I order a Sidewalk, but I lost my production slot. Even worse, my dealership used the last of its Cabrio slots later last week. No new Mini for me.

My heart is broken. I had it absolutely set on the Sidewalk package and I'm so disappointed that my dealer failed to follow up on my production status so that I can't even order a different Cabrio. Plus, because he was so cowardly and only emailed me (rather than calling) after all the Midwest dealerships are closed for the rest of the weekend, I can't ask any questions or get more info before my wicked workweek begins.

My question is this. I've read other threads that suggest Mini will be stopping (may have already) custom order production of 2008 Cabrios, but that they may continue to build stock Sidewalks. Does anyone have any suggestions of how to go about getting one of these or if this might even be possible? Could my dealer get one shipped in? I'm so disappointed in the poor service from International (and myself for not heeding the advice of friends and fellow posters who've also had bad experiences there), that I would really rather deal with another dealership, but on the other hand I think Internat'l should feel some compunction to help me out since their associate is the one who screwed up by not checking on the status of my order, costing me the opportunity to buy something else. Is it reasonable to ask them to find me a Sidewalk from somewhere else? Any ideas you lucky Mini owners could give me would be appreciated :)

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
I believe 1st Gen Convertible production ceased the end of June. If this is the case your only chance to get a new one is off the lot of another dealer. It would be much easier for your dealer to check on availability than you calling dealers.

·
clubMINI Master
992 Posts
OMG.....Thats Awful.....how gutted must you be!

I would go down there and demand that they help you find one from another dealer! They are always going to be more helpful if you are there!

I think they owe you that at least!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts