MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
I get my kicks in an R56
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I parked my MINI in a car park yesterday and came back to find this....

No details left, no witnesses and obviously for them, no conscience. Its made my blood boil:angry:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
How really really awful! I once saw someone hit and run a little Pergeot 106 so I took down the number plate of the car and left my info on the poor car's windscreen and also made a report to the police for her information. Got a very nice phone call the day after from the lady owner. I'll do it everytime again.

·
Mini Youngster
2,437 Posts
Happened to my friend at a Tescos near me. He works there and came out on his break to find his car dented on the left side. Whole front wing had to be replaced. Once again no information left or anything, and the cameras didnt even pick it up!!

Sickening!!!:angry: Sorry to hear about that!

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
Thats just wrong. Still, hopefully, someone will damage something of theirs and say nothing. Still, those dents look like they would pop out. Take it to a body shop and they should be able to sort it for you. The scratches may come out with compound (a more aggressive version of tcut), however, it may require painting. Don't leave it too long, and don't get too worried in future. Still, if you see a silver car with a huge black scrape, repay the favor in some way! Wish you all the best with the future and hope that it isn't too expensive to fix!:)

·
I get my kicks in an R56
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fortunately i'm in the motor trade any way, but its a definate bodyshop job as they have creased 1/2 the length of the door skin and the A-panel dents are too difficult for the dent-man to do.

I asked the attendants if there was any possibility of it being seen by the cctv camera i was in sight of, but due to building works they are switched off this week supposedly.

I know if I had done it, my conscience would kill me if I didn''t report it

·
MINI2 Regular
112 Posts
It's unbelievable isn't it that someone feels it's acceptable to drive off after causing that sort of damage. Regretfully, it's happened to me also and no doubt others - you have my sympathies. It destroys your faith in mankind etc.

:frown:

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
Fortunately i'm in the motor trade any way, but its a definate bodyshop job as they have creased 1/2 the length of the door skin and the A-panel dents are too difficult for the dent-man to do.

I asked the attendants if there was any possibility of it being seen by the cctv camera i was in sight of, but due to building works they are switched off this week supposedly.

I know if I had done it, my conscience would kill me if I didn''t report it
True, but that's the difference between us and them. We are decent people and couldn't not report it. They are subhuman scum, who do not care and probably hate you for driving a nicer car than they do!;) Good luck.

·
Where does that road go?
12,574 Posts
Was very sorry to read about this. :(

My MINI was keyed outside my flat back in April. I created the following thread about it: Keyed

It's currently in the bodyshop again because I wasn't 100% satisfied with the finished result.

Scum like this should rot in hell. :mad:

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
Was very sorry to read about this. :(

My MINI was keyed outside my flat back in April. I created the following thread about it: Keyed

It's currently in the bodyshop again because I wasn't 100% satisfied with the finished result.

Scum like this should rot in hell. :mad:

I hope that you are satisfied with the end result. Hopefully, these people will be caught on cctv.

·
Closing door on MINI2
556 Posts
Soooo annoying, makes me well angry when people do things like this and don't have the decency to own up to it. I'd put a sarcastic letter to "them" in the local rag! Won't do much good but might make others aware! You never know someone may have seen it happen.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts