MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,
A sqeaking suspension noise from my MINI is driving me mad!!! The noise is coming from the Front-left suspension strut. Its a sqeaking noise, like rubber on metal. When I opened the bonnet (or hood for my U.S. friends!!) I can see where it coming from. The top of the suspension strut has a rubber seal at the top and this is rubbing off the car bodywork, causing the sqeak. The left suspension strut looks the same but doesn't seem to have the same problem. I have put oil and grease on it but it doesn't get any better.

Thinking of bringing it to a mechanic to fix? (which I'm sure will cost me).

Anyone got any quick fixes that could help me?

Thanks!!!

Matt :yellow:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
do you have any urethane bushings? if its under waranty, take it in.
Jason. To be honest, I'm not sure. The top of the right suspension looks the same as the left but is not causing this squeak. Very irritating. If the hood is open and I push the suspension up and down, I can hear the squeak coming from the small rubber seal / washer visible at the top of the strut. I'll try and take a picture tonight and post it on this site. Sent an e-mail to the main dealer to see if it is still under warranty. But I was hoping there was a simpler fix (i.e. to avoid me taking time off work, sitting in traffic & bringing the MINI down to the dealer etc... :yellow:

Looks like I'll have to take a few hours off work. :rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts