MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
only the brave!
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a used MCS, and the previuos(origanal) owner said it had radio boost, how do i know for sure, the origanal order doesnt show it. It has a 6 cd changer. How can i physically tell?? As i am planning on fitting an ipod, any suggestions on this
Thanks

·
Registered
227 Posts
Write down the VIN number and call Mini - they should be able to tell you at least what was shipped when the car was new. It is extremely unlikely that this has changed. They will probably be happy to register you as the current owner for recall and other purposes.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I never have really understood the whole 'sound system' thing with the mini...

I mean ok', 'Wave' is cassette only and the units are slightly different to look at but is that it ? Is there no other distinction, technical or otherwise between 'Wave' and 'Boost' ?

Certainly for a first timer on placing their order, I think the whole thing is a little confusing. Wave, Boost, CD prep, Harmon Kardon (with which a large proportion realize later, that its just the amp and speakers and primarily the default HU)

Just get rid of Wave I think ! I know the whole point of the Mini is creativity with the broad spectrum of options but I think in this area it just ends up confusing the customer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts