MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a very Happy Man! My wife and I stop by my Mini Dealer last night and place an order for a Black Mini Cooper S. :D. It doesn't hit me quite yet but a mini is coming my way with my name on it. The wait for the S is 13 weeks! and I won't be seeing and driving my mini until March 05!. How do people deal with such a long wait. I though it might be fun to know how people cope with the ordeal. It is pretty cool that I can see my mini being build with the production number. I guess that Mini is trying to make the wait fun. I have not try it myself but I will when I get my production number from the dealer next week.

By the way, I was very pleased with my dealer. My wife and I where happy working out of the dealer (Classic Mini in Mentor, Ohio) :black:

:) :D :) :D :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am on the same boat. Just place an order last Wed. And expected to come at Feb. I am thinking about to ask the sales person to let me drive their demo once a week. :D
The wait is killing me.

·
MotorCityMadman
3,793 Posts
Join the monthyl production group thread in the Owner's Forum that you would belong to or abuse drugs and black out until roughly your delivery date arrives. Hahahaha... :p

·
Range Rover SDV8!
Range Rover SDV8, Triumph Tiger & Triumph Trophy
5,172 Posts
Start planning all of those little modifications you're going to make to it when it arrives. Believe me, it wastes hours and hours and before you know it your new MINI will be there :D

Personally, I spent my 13 weeks clearing the garage to give her somewhere nice to sleep. The pressure was on and I had to build a shed to empty the entire contents of the garage (that didn't go to the dump) in to.

I needed more than 13 weeks to do it all, so the time flew by!

Tigger

·
Registered
102 Posts
when i placed my order for my first MCS in the summer of 02, i had to wait 8 months. Luckily, i was able to snag one that was very close to my spec, after only 3 months. Anyway, it turned out to be a not so good one, so I toko a break from the MINI and i'm back now. I got the last pre january build at my local dealer, and the day after i placed the order it went into production. I should be taking delivery second week of January! not a bad wait. I just browse the forums :). that's what keeps me going, oh and i compile a list of the mods I want to do to it. I did that in 02, and i'm doing it again. Enjoy the wait! the more antsy you get, the better the end result will be :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Indeed painful... I ordered my MCS in August, and it just hit the docks yesterday... It's been a long, tedious wait punctuated by MINIUSA's site updates that drive me nuts rethinking what options I wanted or things I wanted to change (not to mention drooling over other poster's cars)...

Even worse is that my two best friends just got new cars (a red MR-S and Blue WRX respectively) during my wait... Talk about torture...

·
MotorCityMadman
3,793 Posts
archie4oz said:
Indeed painful... I ordered my MCS in August, and it just hit the docks yesterday... It's been a long, tedious wait punctuated by MINIUSA's site updates that drive me nuts rethinking what options I wanted or things I wanted to change (not to mention drooling over other poster's cars)...

Even worse is that my two best friends just got new cars (a red MR-S and Blue WRX respectively) during my wait... Talk about torture...

Hold on!!! Your wait is almost over!!! That is a very long wait indeed! I ordered mine on October 12th and am driving already. I can't imagine August. Just another week! ;)

·
Hillbilly boy
1,214 Posts
scooperman_uk said:
spend you time on MINI2!:D
Yes it does help a lot, talk to the folk on here, plan your mods, get a whalen and the time soon goes fast. My S has been on order since May........but i only have one more week to wait:D , but it is now going very slow:(

·
Registered
514 Posts
Spend time on:

- Mini2
- NAM
- MotoringFile
- Selling your old car (our 02 MC sold in less than 24 hrs after placing our ad on cars.com!)
- Planning your car care routine and which products to use

Spend money on:

- Whalen (this is good for at least a one week diversion as you spend time trying to decide on your custom engraving pattern )
- Car care products
- Coco mats
- GBMini's auto up window mod (at least I'm on the list for his next batch :) )
- All kinds of shirts and goodies for the family
:):):):)

The nearer your delivery date, the harder it seems to get too, lol. My car arrived at the distribution center in NY Tuesday, so I keep hoping every call/e-mail that comes in is to schedule a time to pick up our new baby.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tigger said:
Start planning all of those little modifications you're going to make to it when it arrives. Believe me, it wastes hours and hours and before you know it your new MINI will be there :D

Personally, I spent my 13 weeks clearing the garage to give her somewhere nice to sleep. The pressure was on and I had to build a shed to empty the entire contents of the garage (that didn't go to the dump) in to.
OMG! I thought I was the only person who had a nesting instinct for his mini. That is exactly what I am doing. I'm still waiting to order...
:(

·
Registered
201 Posts
Many hours reading and posting here and on NAM, planning mods (I still can't decide which wheels to get), ordering lots of car-care products, making room in the garage, buying MINI diecasts, tracking the build and shipment, hanging out with some local MINI club people, and playing with the Miata that my wife just bought in the meantime.

Don't worry, you'll have plenty to keep you busy!

Mark

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the great reply

Thanks for all the suggestions on how to deal with the loooong wait for the mini. I am thinking moving things out of my garage to to make room for my new mini. That will take awhile anyway. My wife may not like me if I made room for my new mini in the garage and leave her new Jeep outside :cool: (we got just a one car garage.)

There are many modification that I'm interested in but I think I am going to wait on them and enjoy my new MCS(stock) just the way it is for a little while. I used to own a mustang and did a lot of mods. on it but most aftermarket parts are not engineer to work/fit with the car as well as the OEM parts. My old mustang use to give me plenty of headache but I guess it's a ford. Mini should be much better anyway and I can't wait to drive my. :black:

·
Registered
43 Posts
lol

Same story here! During the wait, I was reading MINI2 and NAM, ordering care products from Autopia, and sending away for free MINI aftermarket catalogs. :D

There was the cleaning of the garage, as well. Luckily for me, it's a two car one.

hmmm. I did order the rubber mats, front mud flaps, and OEM alarm before delivery. lol

As most of us here can attest to, it was well worth the wait!

Motor on!

hey,
duard​
Always value the individual over the system. --Bruce Lee

·
Registered
48 Posts
my 2003, my 2005 and coping

Now, there can also be embarrassing things you find yourself doing when waiting for the new Mini. When I had my order placed around november of 2002, the dealership phoned me in mid December to let me know the order should be going in that day and I should see some sign of it at the mini owners network.

I swear, I saw for an entire afternoon at the office clicking reload at the mini owners network to catch when the order made it in and its spec as entered...

I dont mean every half an hour, more like every three minutes... click-reload... click-reload... click-reload

Here in Boston its a bit easier for people now that zipcar has added mini's to their fleet. A friend of mine who ordered one obtains the mini zipcar near their house on a regular basis to enjoy the driving. If you live in NYC or Washington, I believe zipcar (http://www.zipcar.com) also has mini's in their inventory there...

-=-=-=-=- and now for a different experience

My 2003 Mini cooper, Preston, was let go last week. I was in the dealership on Tuesday with a windscreen replacement and there on the floor was an available silver 2005 cabrio mini with all the options I could want (except leather which I dont "need"). Woe to me, my bank had a preapproval ready for me and the check would be delivered last Friday...

The two days driving Preston around before I traded him in for Mouse was odd... I had the same "new mini" feel inside of me, yet I was actually _attached_ to Preston; that I was about to let go of. Odd feeling... On Monday when I took Mouse in to have the iPod adapter added, I started to do a cruise about the parking lot to see if I could find Preston, but decided against it and to look forward, not back.

Ian Poulin
Somerville Ma

·
Registered
514 Posts
ipoulin said:
I had the same "new mini" feel inside of me, yet I was actually _attached_ to Preston; that I was about to let go of. Odd feeling...
Same here when selling my 02. This was the first time I ever tried to sell a car myself. Aside from getting more $$ (a nice side benefit), the real reason was that I wanted to make sure my car went to a good family. I never thought I'd be "interviewing" potential owners of a used car, lol.

Luckily indi found a loving family - they're both professional artists (music and dance) so I believe they will treat her kindly. :)

·
Registered
454 Posts
My MCS is due for March 05.. it still seems a long way!!

Luckily I've got a modified Golf GTI 1.8T to keep me happy til then (and it does!) Still doesn't stop me thinking about March though :D
And even more luckily Half Life 2 appeared recently and its been keeping me busy!

·
MotorCityMadman
3,793 Posts
indimini said:
Same here when selling my 02. This was the first time I ever tried to sell a car myself. Aside from getting more $$ (a nice side benefit), the real reason was that I wanted to make sure my car went to a good family. I never thought I'd be "interviewing" potential owners of a used car, lol.

Luckily indi found a loving family - they're both professional artists (music and dance) so I believe they will treat her kindly. :)

I did the same thing with my BMW. Basically like giving away a beloved pet. Hahaha... Luckily for me, the buyer was very attuned to my feelings and seemed like he would become the same way! So it was a success!!! :p :D

G

·
Me and my wife waited 11 months for our MCS. I'm not sure about my wife but most of my time was spent here in mini2 and modding my other car. But I gotta tell ya, we got ours about a 3 weeks ago and it was worth the wait.
Congrat to all of you, your journey has begun

1 - 19 of 19 Posts