MINI Cooper Forum banner

How do you clean MINI windows?

5K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  Uncle Boots 
#1 ·
THIS IS CRAZY!

My MINI is really hard to get the windows clean - the side ones and the back window - its just WEIRD!

Ive tried everything, water, window cleaner, tissues the lot...why is they all marked and sticky and smeary??? - the worst bits are the back ones - where the black is - you know? it seems impossible to clean

My old car was easy to get the windows clean I JUST DONT GET IT

Im turning into Monica from friends - all this cleaning

HELP - how do I do it so it looks showroom?

#13 ·
I use the Halfords Glass Cleaner stuff (OK, I've started to become a bit fanatical about car cleaning stuff, but the Halfords Glass Cleaner works, so I'm not ditching it until I've finished the bottle). Some of my windows hadn't been touched in literally years, but they came up nice and shiny.

I wouldn't recommend using the newspaper, though. That was popular 20 or 30 years ago - when the inks contained more solvents; with modern inks, you don't get the same degreasing effect (and they don't turn your fingers black, either), and the paper is harsher too (maybe because some of the paper is from recycled sources).

Glass cleaner plus microfibre cloth, and if it's really mucky do it several times over the course of 2 or 3 days.

#19 ·
Hi, I use rain x glass cleaner/repellant mix inside and out, we use it in aviation and it's wonderful stuff. Torrential rain at 70mph on the motorway and I don't need to use my wipers!
Also, It seems to be a common problems with minis fogging up a little on the inside and the rain x helps reduce this?
As with all cleaning products, less is more.
Happy motoring 👍

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.