MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I'm currently installing some LEDs but need to run power off of the sidelights rather than the battery so they're only on when my lights are on. I've search for instructions but can't find any. Can anyone advise me?

Thanks

Jas

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ive done something similar. I reached down inside the bumper and found the side light wires and cut the blue one. I then put a splitter on the blue wire and added the wire for the LED's onto this, therefore connecting the blue wire back up again but also getting some power to the LED wire. I them insulated all of this with stacks of insulationg tape.
I think thats all i did really. People will proboably shout at me and say this is unsafe but it works so hey!!

·
Lovin my iPod
1,935 Posts
jasonfields007 said:
Keep up mate! They fixed up my MINI and gave me compensation. So I'm happy!

J
Glad to see you're sticking with the MINI. I like the 1-Series too though.
G :ibblack:

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
done it... i need longer cables still but it works. thanks for your help silver_mini.

ginger... i liked the 1 series but now i don't as the general feel from everyone i speak to is ERRR its a squashed beemer. so it's put me off lol

great engine and great drive though. 120i & 120d rule! And the 130i will be awesome.

J

·
Registered
79 Posts
i assume you've fitted blue LED's to the washer jets? I fitted them but ive got them on a switch inside the car. Its a switch used for undercar neons so has all the correct wiring. Very amusing to see how quickly people get out of the way when you pull up behind them and give them a flash or two of blue LED!!! he he.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts