MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
:) That's one of the things that I had been wondering myself for a long time, until seeing it for the first time in "real life" just the other day at the LA Auto Show. To my eye, it's perfect - it definitely looks small (substantially smaller than a Focus), but not so small as to be totally impractical. I am currently driving a Mazda Miata, and the MINI definitely looks shorter (more compact) than a Miata. The first thing that my wife said as we approached the MINI area was "it IS small !" Hope this helps. After seeing the car, I'm more enthusiastic about it than ever, which is saying quite a lot !

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks... that helps quite a bit... It has been hard to get a perspective from just photos.. I am sure I will be even more enthused when I actually get to see and feel one firest hand..

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Here's what you wanted:

Please look at this old thread for size comparisions.

http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75

Note that this was based upon the length of the MINI as sold in the UK. The US length is slightly more.

Also, the Cooper S is a little bit longer, (I think an inch longer), than the standard MINI Cooper.

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Re: Re: Here's what you wanted:

R1 said:
There is a legal requirement for cars sold in the US to be able to withstand a 2.5 mph impact on the front and read bumpers with no damage. Usually, this means bumpers of imported cars must be reinforced to do so, and often a US-spec car is slightly longer as a result of the strengthening.

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Here's what you wanted:

BruceK said:

There is a legal requirement for cars sold in the US to be able to withstand a 2.5 mph impact on the front and read bumpers with no damage. Usually, this means bumpers of imported cars must be reinforced to do so, and often a US-spec car is slightly longer as a result of the strengthening.
Ahh .. I see. :) Thanks BruceK.
Mine did OK yesterday. :)
http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=3295

1 - 8 of 8 Posts