MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, after my 'friend' rolling my 07 plate cooper S into a field 4 days after me getting it, then tellin me he was third party only. I bought a cheap 52 plate cooper S to run around in.

I've been looking for a second gen coopers S with damaged engine or flooded for ages but just don't seem to be able to get one at a good price.

So now I'm wondering what the difference is between the two bodies if I tried swapping everything over??

Interior?
Engine and box?
Dash?
Loom?

Anyone in the know I'd be grateful

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bro you're telling me!!! I have to be patient as I need this sorted as you can imagine!!! I love my older cooper s I have now, just it's done 110k, drives lovely but I'm not gentle with her and can't see her surviving long lol.... I have £2.5k for a 2nd gen mini with missing or no mechanicals but it proves difficult to find one....

I also need a sat navy computer for my 52plate if anyone knows anyone

Cheers people

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
If you drive your N14 Cooper S hard then I can guarantee it won't last long as the engines aren't the best and probably drop a valve or the timing chain tensioner will give up if you constantly boot it. Gen 1 Supercharged Coopers have much more reliable engines and can take a fair bit of punishment

·
Registered
397 Posts
Looks like your mate needs to own a car really, maybe sell this either for the good parts or as a whole for a race project car or something, and put the funds to your 2.5k, then consider using the older car as a p/ex, or sell to fund what you need for another nice car. The above is likely true, the R53 may prove way more robust with maintenance, than you imagined.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts