MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
JcwMiniAdventures
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys

My brother & I have just fitted my aero skirts & i wanted to ask you guys one questions.

We noticed that the standard skirts have the screws under the car & the aero skirts holes do not line up so you cant do the same as the old ones

How do you have yours do you have just the skirt clips & the double sided tape - how the aero comes or have you modified yours to be able to use the orig screw holes for the under of the car

Or is there a special plate that i need to get??? idea of price, product nuber etc??

I am just a bit worried that if i go over a bump & ground out, it may rip them off if there is no fixing underneath

Thanks in advance guys

·
MiNi2 dEmOn
841 Posts
So did the side skirts come with 2 big black pieces of plastic which are seperate??

In total you should have:

2 x side skirts
2 x Sideskirts Mounting plastics
2 x bag of screws..etc.

I've still got to fit mine!!!

·
JcwMiniAdventures
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thats the answer then

I need to get the mounting plastic - greattttttttt more money :-(

Any idea on cost or part number???

Thanks

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I didn't bother fitting the plates on mine, and theyve been on a year with no problems....just makes it more secure if you hit it on something i guess

·
MiNi2 dEmOn
841 Posts
Crammy you nutter!!!

I dont know where the plastic mount should go, on the side or underneath the cars side??

·
Registered
117 Posts
If you have already fitted the skirts I think you may struggle to add the plastic bits as the push in screw things that hold them to the skirt need to be pushed in from the top of the part of the skirt which is now underneath the car? If that makes sense? (see the diagram in the link above).

·
JcwMiniAdventures
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for that, iwas thinking the same, why doesn't it come part of the skirts???

Think i will have to put up with it!!!

Cheers

·
MiNi2 dEmOn
841 Posts
so the big black plastic bits, do they go underneath the cars body or do they go up against the side of the car running parallel to the skirts?

I'm hoping this isn't going to be a nightmare job as I'm looking to fit mine in a couple of weeks after I've got them painted.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
they go underneath the car, theyre basically an adaptor plate so that the holes underneath line up, its well easy to put them on dont worry about it, its easy if you put them on when the sideskirts off the car

·
MiNi2 dEmOn
841 Posts
Thanks mate!!!

Your Miltek looks nice with your Aero bumper in your gallery!!

You bought it on the group buy didnt you? Thats when I got mine!!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
lol thanks but thats my old mini i used the group buy to get one for my cooper s

·
MiNi2 dEmOn
841 Posts
yea mines vibrating against the bumper quite a lot now :(
Get into a garage mate and get them to bend the brackets, that will sort it out!!!

I just got the skirts out and the black bit lines up perfectly, so it looks like an easy job. Sigh of relief!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts