MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bring down the rear seats for extra storage? I spent like 30 mins, trying to figure it out. And I did read the manual.

Howard

·
I can't spell
2,856 Posts
You have to make sure they are unlocked first off. There is a place to unlock them at the top of the seats, closest to the outside of the car. Then from inside the trunk there is a door handle like latch that needs to be pulled, then push the seat back forward. Hope that works.

·
fun fun fun!
206 Posts
maganoo said:
You have to make sure they are unlocked first off. There is a place to unlock them at the top of the seats, closest to the outside of the car. Then from inside the trunk there is a door handle like latch that needs to be pulled, then push the seat back forward. Hope that works.
yeah what maganoo said! :D lol..
hrmm.. you sadi you read the manual.. and your still not able to get the seats folded.. it might be jammed??

·
I can't spell
2,856 Posts
The first time I put the seats down I thought they were locked at first. While holding the handle up I had to push really hard from the back of the seat. Just a thought...

·
MINI2 New-ish
29 Posts
I just read through that section in the manual. I suspect that "maganoo" is right: a firm pull on the lever inside and a bold push should break them free.

The manual also lists a method if the boot won't open because of a dead battery (pg. 30):

"Tailgate
Manual release in the MINI Convertible
In the event of an electrical malfunction, you can also unlock the tailgate manually.
1. Unlock the catch for the rear backrests with a master key or ignition key [top right of RR seat, facing rear]
2. Fold the rear bench seat upward and remove the hook attached to it
3. Using the hook, reach backward between the convertible top and the rear backrest to pull one of the levers for releasing the folding rear backrest, refer to page 86
4. Fold rear backrests forward
5. Pull the handle, arrow. The tailgate is released."

This just provides a mechanism for pulling the same lever that you get to from opening the tailgate.

JR

1 - 7 of 7 Posts