MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Happy MCS Owner
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a lead on a 2004 Cooper S for about $26000. It is dark silver, 9334 miles, nav system, heated seats, sport mirrors, etc. Is this a good price? I have been looking (in Oklahoma) now for about two months and this is one of only two I've been able to find that isn't yellow. Any input is appreciated. Planning on looking at it tomorrow and am leaning toward buying it. Ideas? Thanks.

Deacon Bill :cool:

·
Registered
514 Posts
Have you checked Kelly Blue Book or Edmunds to get a sense of the market value? You can use those sites to put in the options, mileage and your location to see what is a fair value in your area.

Hope it works out for you. :)

·
MotorCityMadman
3,793 Posts
For that price, and a little wait, you could get yourself a new one!!! Keep that open as an option too!

·
Sponsor/Moderator/Other
3,265 Posts
Welcome to MINI2!

Unless it has a lot more options then you're saying (Nav is $1700, Heated Seats $300, sport seats are standard, sport package (17" wheels, Xenons, DSC) is like $1300)

Its not a good deal. Actually, as it stands now (barring more options), its costing more then new, and as 2005 models have been out since August, its not even the current model anymore.

Check all the specific options it has, if the owner wants you to pay so much, they should justify it. Then run it against a new car at miniusa.com and then at edmunds.com as suggested.

Once you get that data, see how good of a deal, and then call a local dealer to see how long of a wait it would be to get the car you want brand new, (especially if you don't want pricy options like Nav) or call some of the dealers that have cars in stock (like Mini of the Hamptons) and see if there's something you like, and then you could drive to pick it up or have it shipped.

Maybe the car is a good deal, but it doesn't seem like a great deal at first glance, do your homework and see how it turns out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Try this...

I just bought a 2004 S with Sport Package for $22,500. The car has 1,000 miles on the clock. California has a huge number of MINIS (relatively) and there are dozens of used cars for sale. Check out craigslist.org and search the "for sale" section for Mini Cooper. You could fly out, spend a couple of days in our gorgeous city and then drive it home. Or, I'll drive it out to you and you can fly me back! :cool:

·
Registered
700 Posts
I purchased a 2005 MCS on Sept. 16th for about $26,000. It has driving lamps, Premium Pkg.

That price is a bit high. Get a new one, you'll be glad you waited. Fewer problems, more value.

Good luck!

·
Sponsor/Moderator/Other
3,265 Posts
Welcome Barre!

While California is a nice state, and the weather's great, the MINI prices are the highest in the country. I'd avoid buying a car from there. If you have the time and patience to order, you'll get a better deal, if not, but from the east or middle of the country, where prices are the lowest.

·
Happy MCS Owner
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ordered my new Mini S day before yesterday. It isn't due in the States until around the middle of Feb. Ouch! Hyper Blue with Premium pac, Sports Pac, cold weather pac, chrome in and out with HK stereo and still paid less than that dealer wanter for the 2004. I'm very happy but can't stand the wait. Thanks for the good advice.

Deacon Bill :p

·
MotorCityMadman
3,793 Posts
Deacon Bill said:
I ordered my new Mini S day before yesterday. It isn't due in the States until around the middle of Feb. Ouch! Hyper Blue with Premium pac, Sports Pac, cold weather pac, chrome in and out with HK stereo and still paid less than that dealer wanter for the 2004. I'm very happy but can't stand the wait. Thanks for the good advice.

Deacon Bill :p

AIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT! Enjoy your new MINI and the awesome process of anxiety, nerves, joy, and pain in the waiting process! Make sure you join your respective production month thread in the Delivery, Shipping, Order Tracking Forum too!!! Have a blast!!! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.