• I will own it forever

Votes: 34 31.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
5 years with MINI ONE
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I will have my MINI for about 2 - 3 years, But originaly I said "love the car, I will keep it forever"!!!.

The problem would be want other car is better then the MINI, maybe another BMW?

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I originally thought I would have my car for about three years but Its so good that I cannot stay out of it and If I keep it three years it will have Starship miles on it and be worth very little so I intend to use it to the full and keep on swapping it for a newer one.
But I know of someone who intended keeping his a while BUT
MINI Vs Landrover does not work
MINI:0 Landrover:1 The end a MINI adventure (turned nightmare)

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
My "S" will be kept for as long as it takes for the SMG version to be released. If this takes the form of an 200bhp Alpina version (WITHOUT the awful strips) so much the better.

·
MINIless MINI2 Master
883 Posts
When I finally get my MINI I will probably keep it until shortly before this version gets discontinued, then either buy another of the current version (and keep it possibly forever) or possibly the next version or other make if some manufacturer can convince me that they've produced a car that's more worthy of my money (unlikely).

At the moment though I cannot envisage ANY car being better than this MINI!!!

·
5 years with MINI ONE
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will hopefully keep it for a long time!

Well it looks like more will keep there MINI for a long time. I will keep my MINI for as long as I can, I only do about 4000 miles a year and the value of the MINI will drop by 50% in three years so I will keep it, I have the room in the garage. ;)
PG :D

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
I plan to keep my MINI for around 4 years plus. :)
Im planning to increase its performance & upgrade the stereo so my car will be Project MINI :) :) :cool: :cool:

(I wouldnt mind around 140BHP for my ONE :cool: :eek: )

·
Registered
353 Posts
I paid so much for it - I'm going to have to run her until she dies!!! :p :p :p

·
5 years with MINI ONE
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will keep it!!!

I have have my MINI for 7 months now and I LOVE IT, I will hopefully keep it as long as I can(there is no better car on the road for the same price and its a BMW)

Its the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Silbee is part of the family!!!!!!!!

We couldn't just part with our baby like that!!!!! :eek: She's part of the family now! :D :D :D

We've done 13,750 long and happy miles in her since the end of September when she joined our clan, and we're not stopping now! :p

Long live Silbee :D ;) :p :D ;) :p

Dodgeress xx

·
MINI2 Crash Test Driver
1,386 Posts
I plan to keep my mini 4ever! I've forked out so much money on it! I want to keep it going by modifying it, nothing serious for a few years yet tho.

I'll have it for my gap year, then through 4 years of Uni and then, well it'll be the centerpiece of my car collection when I make my millions! :rolleyes: Surrounded by loads of M3s, M5s and Z8s of course!!! I may have to stray from the BMW line for a porsche though, maybe even a tvr!!!

Here's hoping!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
Well I've always wanted the S version, isn;t as preety but Its what I wanted from start. SO going to jeep Cooper for 3 to 4 years (get rid of convictions and get a good No claims built up although theyve given me a 53% no claims Bonus for my first insurance as been driving for 4 years (since I passed) without an accident).

But Idealy as its my first ever car, i'd like to keep it forever as a memento

·
In exile, down SOUTH!
13,201 Posts
5-6 years for me

I may get Works on Apple in 2-3 years time, and then keep her for another 3 years or so afterwards.

Goodness knows what will happen if I change job in the next few years and get offered a company car as I can't keep 2 cars :confused: :confused: :confused:

DK ;)

F

·
0 Posts
How Long???

We bought the Cooper because it fit well with our overall transportation plans as we look towards retirement in about six years. Yeah, Yeah, Blah, blah, we boutght it because we fell in love with it during the test drive. It is without doubt the best and most fun car I have ever owned. And, having fun is important to me.

We have a '92 LeSabre with 160k on it. When it quits the '99 Passat will take over for it. The Mini may easily be with use intil we kick, and that will be great.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Re: 5-6 years for me

dcfkan said:
...Goodness knows what will happen if I change job in the next few years and get offered a company car as I can't keep 2 cars :confused: :confused: :confused:

DK ;)
Ask them for a new S! (Apple 2?):D My wife saw Apple in the pic at the JCW gathering, thinks my choice of silver/black is "no fun":(

·
Registered
464 Posts
I plan to change mine in about 18 months either for a Cooper S or another new Cooper.

·
MINI defector
13,698 Posts
Less than a year, mine's going in September for a Cooper S. I'll probably keep that until a proper choice of S colours come out i.e. Cosmos black :p

1 - 20 of 22 Posts