MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all :) i am happy, just placed an order for an 05 MCS. so i checked on miniusa.com and right now,l when I try to join the owners lounge, it tells me that my prod number is for a Pure Silver MCS, my order sheet is for Jet Black though.

how long does it take to run the updates through? i'm just concerned because i managed to get a december production number, and i'm afraid i may be unable to change my order info after a few days. and I like Pure Silver...but not as much as Jet Black :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Call to your MINI dillership! End change it if u want. You have at list 1 month for this(if you car "on order". So, call NOW!!!

·
Registered
449 Posts
There is no hard-and-fast time frame, but I'll relay my experience:

Ordered: 9/13/04
Received production number: 10/20/04 (missed my dealer's September allocation)
Logged iinto Owner's Lounge: 10/23/04
Spec correct on OL: 10/30/04
Status "On Order" 10/23/04 thru 11/24/04
Actually started production: 11/23/04 (Called ASK-MINI on 11/24 to verify spec and they confirmed build status)
OL status updated to "In Production" w/VIN#: 11/25/04
Due for completion: 12/03/04

That's my saga. With any luck my MINI will be Stateside before Xmas.

A quick call to either your dealer or 866-ASK-MINI (speak to a person...the automated system is not always up-to-date) will confirm your spec.

·
Motoring At Last!
49 Posts
duboy said:
hi all :) i am happy, just placed an order for an 05 MCS. so i checked on miniusa.com and right now,l when I try to join the owners lounge, it tells me that my prod number is for a Pure Silver MCS, my order sheet is for Jet Black though.

how long does it take to run the updates through? i'm just concerned because i managed to get a december production number, and i'm afraid i may be unable to change my order info after a few days. and I like Pure Silver...but not as much as Jet Black :)
Congratulations!

When I placed my order my MA warned me that my BRG MCS was going to show up as Electric Blue for two to three days. It did indeed take three days for it to change to BRG. So I'd give it a couple more days before I started getting too concerned.

Some of my options never did show up on the list on the Owner's Lounge, but my MA emailed me the info she got off her computer just to confirm that it was all actually there. And indeed, it is all there on the completed car.

In my experience, your MA will have the most up-to-date info. Then 1-800-ASK-MINI. The worst source of info is the Owner's Lounge.

If you can track your car across the ocean, that's a lot of fun. You'll actually have the most up-to-date info of the whole process. But it depends on which shipping line gets your car. Some of them don't radio in weather reports and thus won't show up on the tracking websites.

Once your car enters the VDC, you're in a black hole apparently. Until all of a sudden, your dealer tells you the car is in! The time spent in the VDC depends on how backed up they are, what trucks are available, and whether there are any repairs to be done before shipping the car to your dealer.

There's a very good FAQ here on mini2 dealing with tracking, etc.

Hang in there - I know what you're going through. My car is at the dealer, but I won't be able to pickup it up until a week from tomorrow! The wait is killing me, but everyone tells me it's worth the wait - I'll let you all know in eight more days.

Eight more days!!! :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
to chs4

chs4, I have exact the same story... and my Mini will be here in X-mas time. Where are you from?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for all the replies...it helped ease my mind, and actually it only took a day for the spec to be correct. it's supposed to be a 2004 week 50 build. I'll keep ya'll updated.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WAHOOO! My new MCS was built 12/07/04 and it's waiting for transport now. i hope it doesn't take too long to get here, i guess i'm looking at about a month from now...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.