MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN WAITING FOR YOUR BRAND NEW MINI ?
Have you ordered your brand new Mini during Covid -19 pandemic together with short supplied of Semiconductor chips? How many months before you received your Mini? Also, are you happy & satisfied with the quality of the car? Especially without Harman Kardon, would the sound system is nearly as good as HK?

·
Registered
12,728 Posts
my daughter ordered a brand new bmw 1 series 7 months ago she got phone call this week it will be ready for collection next week, she tried buying a mercedes before they lied said be ready in 6 weeks after 8 weeks she gave up cancelled it as dealship told her might take 8 months or more

·
Registered
2021 Countryman Cooper S All4 Exclusive
34 Posts
Have you ordered your brand new Mini during Covid -19 pandemic together with short supplied of Semiconductor chips? How many months before you received your Mini? Also, are you happy & satisfied with the quality of the car? Especially without Harman Kardon, would the sound system is nearly as good as HK?
Hi

I ordered my MINI on 12/02/2021 and picked it up on 06/04/2021 during lockdown. It was built to order, so I think I was quite lucky with that timescale. Six months on, I'm still delighted with my car (Countryman Cooper S All4 Exclusive), I still gaze lovingly at it every time I see it in a car park when I'm out! Touch wood, everything has been great, no squeaks or rattles and personally I think the interior is the best around - top quality and not the usual dull appearance that most cars have. I'm a happy MINI owner!

If there's any other questions you have about the car, just ask I'd be happy to help.

Jax :)

Reactions: ciaocontessa

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi

I ordered my MINI on 12/02/2021 and picked it up on 06/04/2021 during lockdown. It was built to order, so I think I was quite lucky with that timescale. Six months on, I'm still delighted with my car (Countryman Cooper S All4 Exclusive), I still gaze lovingly at it every time I see it in a car park when I'm out! Touch wood, everything has been great, no squeaks or rattles and personally I think the interior is the best around - top quality and not the usual dull appearance that most cars have. I'm a happy MINI owner!

If there's any other questions you have about the car, just ask I'd be happy to help.

Jax :)
Hi Jax,

Thank you for your replied. Yes, I placed an order on 15th October. It was by chance as I took my current Mini Cooper S for Health Check that day and the sale person approached me and he made a good offered to buy my Mini in exchanged of me purchasing a Brand new Mini with the better specifications and add little more money. So, no brainer ! I agreed to buy a new car and very excited about it. Since I put down my deposit I’m not very impressed with my dealer due to lack of communication. Today after work, I decided to visit my dealer to check the progress and found out that he didn’t even order my car yet!!!! No order number available. I was so surprised and should I be worry about this ? He said I am in a queue and it should be ready to place an order in 2 weeks time.

·
Registered
2021 Countryman Cooper S All4 Exclusive
34 Posts
Hi Jax,

Thank you for your replied. Yes, I placed an order on 15th October. It was by chance as I took my current Mini Cooper S for Health Check that day and the sale person approached me and he made a good offered to buy my Mini in exchanged of me purchasing a Brand new Mini with the better specifications and add little more money. So, no brainer ! I agreed to buy a new car and very excited about it. Since I put down my deposit I’m not very impressed with my dealer due to lack of communication. Today after work, I decided to visit my dealer to check the progress and found out that he didn’t even order my car yet!!!! No order number available. I was so surprised and should I be worry about this ? He said I am in a queue and it should be ready to place an order in 2 weeks time.
Hmmm it looks like they want your order to go towards their November sales targets so they might be holding it back - I don't know though, I'm just guessing. But we are nearly in November now anyway, so not long to wait till it's in.
The dealer experiences we get seems to be very hit and miss, and you have to put up with it if you want a MINI, we are captive customers and they know it! I had a really disappointing handover, but ultimately it's all about the car, so I got over it. Mostly. Actually, no, I'm still annoyed about that lol.
I paid a holding deposit of £500 when I ordered - I didn't have to pay the rest of my deposit until a couple of days before picking the car up (no part exchange). Is your MINI stock or is it being built to order? Built to order takes longer to get to you, and there's no way of finding out the build progress so it's a frustrating wait!.
But.... the new generation of MINIs look gorgeous and have loads of good kit included so it will be well worth any wait - like I said, six months in and the novelty has not worn off for me and won't for some time yet. Good luck!

Jax

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can ask your dealer about this. I can surely say that they had to deal with dozens of deliveries in the past so that they can help you with this question. Also, you can find what you want by yourself. It will surely be cheaper so you will save some money. Check some websites from China, and maybe you will get lucky and find what you need. I like that they are using china post tracking, so they give you a tracking code that allows you to check the parcel status whenever you want to ensure that the parcel will arrive at the final destination.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered my Countryman S All4 on August 16, 2021, in the USA. It's in transit right now. It should be at port on Monday, Nov 8th. I'm hoping to pick it up next weekend. I ordered the Iconic pkg and was able to get all options, except for the HK system. I'm a bit concerned about that, but after doing some research thoughout other forums, it sounds as if upgrading the speakers to Bavsound is a good alternative and not overly costly. My motor advisor hasn't been the best, in terms of communication, since I signed on the line, but from the last time we spoke he said, "Anyone ordering a car now will not have some of the things I have in my car" such as an analog speedometer instead of the digital cluster. Most of the information I have gotten along the way has come from forums or calling/emailing Mini directly for updates and to answer questions..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ordered my Countryman S All4 on August 16, 2021, in the USA. It's in transit right now. It should be at port on Monday, Nov 8th. I'm hoping to pick it up next weekend. I ordered the Iconic pkg and was able to get all options, except for the HK system. I'm a bit concerned about that, but after doing some research thoughout other forums, it sounds as if upgrading the speakers to Bavsound is a good alternative and not overly costly. My motor advisor hasn't been the best, in terms of communication, since I signed on the line, but from the last time we spoke he said, "Anyone ordering a car now will not have some of the things I have in my car" such as an analog speedometer instead of the digital cluster. Most of the information I have gotten along the way has come from forums or calling/emailing Mini directly for updates and to answer questions..
How lucky! Bet you are excited to pick up your Brand new Country Man 🤗. What colour is your car? Would love to see your Country man photos. Please let me know how you find driving in it.

unfortunately, my new car won’t come with HK ( shortage of semiconductor chipsbut I was thinking of upgrade my Hi Fi system. Only trouble is I might loose my 3 year’s warranty as it is considered internal modification 🤔.

According to speedometer, I believe my car still come with digital !!! So I better double check that.

All the best and have a great weekend with a Brand New Car 🚗 🚙 💨.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, I’m bummed about the lack of HK but it wasn’t a deal breaker for me. My priorities are about the drive of the car and the heated seats/steering wheel. I didn’t know my warranty would be be void for changing the speakers. I certainly don’t want to do that. I can wait for the warranty to be up I suppose, then I’ll upgrade to Bavsound.

I ordered white silver with black roof and caps. Black wheels. My profile pic is what’s coming.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered my mini on August 2nd 2021. I was told it would take two months to deliver. Then it changed to November arrival, then January 2022, then back to December 21 2021. Called today to check progress, and was told 2.5 weeks before I thought it would arrive that it hasn't gone into production. Apparently its now due for delivery January 2022, but thats only an estimate. 5 months. It's been the worst experience.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I ordered my mini on August 2nd 2021. I was told it would take two months to deliver. Then it changed to November arrival, then January 2022, then back to December 21 2021. Called today to check progress, and was told 2.5 weeks before I thought it would arrive that it hasn't gone into production. Apparently its now due for delivery January 2022, but thats only an estimate. 5 months. It's been the worst experience.
OMG, this is awful 6 mths waiting 😲. What model is it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
OMG, this is awful 6 mths waiting 😲. What model is it?
It's the F56 3-Door Hatch One Classic. The thing that is most frustrating is how evasive Mini are. If they were clearer and more communicative about waiting times it would be easier. But they act like there is a mysterious microchip department that no one can contact and the cars just magically appear one day and nobody knows why.

·
Registered
5 Posts
6 months is nothing. Two years for an Ariel product fr example. Most cars are taking 6 months these days. Some Land Rover products are 12 months. Chill out and be excited when it actually arrives in the dealership. It's only a car.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered my JCW Convertible on 8/25/2021. Finally finished production last Thursday and arrived "At The Port" today.

I'm assuming it's at the Netherlands, Port. hopefully on a ship and on it's way to me soon cause I've been dying 😭😭

·
Registered
2 Posts
My dealership caught one that was just about to go into production and they were able to customize to my specs. Ordered on 1/15 and it’s now at the port. Has yours arrived yet? Wondering how much longer. Dealer said end of March and then said early March. Congrats on your new car!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ordered an Iconic package S convertible. I waited until the premium hardan kardon system was available. That was November 1st. It's now been in the Netherlands port since January 31st and it's now February 15th and my car is still NOT on the ship. The customer service representatives at mini USA are very apologetic and understanding but this wait is RIDICULOUS!!! HOW LONG DOES MY CAR HAVE TO SIT IN THE SHIPYARD???? and you all with the brilliant responses telling us to "chill" don't cut it! This whole process in today's world is no matter how you slice it totally unacceptable.

·
Registered
Bog standard R56 cooper (2008) running on bloody expensive petrol
232 Posts
Moaning your arses off here won't get it any faster, that's for the ears & eyes of your dealership, unless you negotiated a price that makes it worthwhile then maybe simply cancel it having got a guarantee elsewhere.

Likely you would have got it cheaper going through a fleet sales buy cheaper & delivered sooner.
Chip shortage was inevitable, which is why we bought & got delivered before the supply drought hit hard, A FULL 12 MONTHS AGO.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts