MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there guys

I was curious, if there are any rules of thumb in regard to how long is it safe to keep the car w/o running the engine?

I'm going to Europe for 10 days, meantime I also try to ordered some parts for the car from M7, which might take about two weeks to reach me. And I had to order new windscreen (cracked) which takes about two weeks as well. So I wanted to park the car before trip and not drive it untill I come back, get all the parts so I can send the car and do all at once rather than going in and out the workshop few times.

Someone suggested tho, that keeping the car parked for few days it's very bad, not to mention
two to 3 weeks.
I'm seeking second opinion, any advice to share ?

best regards

Sebastian

·
totalMINI punto com
222 Posts
Not worries at all. Especially for that amount of time. If you anticipated a long, long time without driving, then more preperations would be necessary. We've parked our vehicles for 1 month on extended holiday and they started right up when we got back.

I doubt MINIs are any different in that respect. Cover it up so you don't get dust all over it while you are away.

·
Registered
116 Posts
if you are worried about the battery running down, then just lock the car with your plastic key. This will not activated the electronics alarm etc. I often have to leav my car at the airport for up to 4 - 5 weeks and always do this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts