MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Production Times

In my case it was roughly two weeks or three weeks after my initial order request; deposit.

Reports - - ON ORDER
The first week is basically your order week were papers and specifications transfer to the Oxford plant.

Reports - - SCHEDULED FOR PRODUCTION W/O ESTIMATED COMPLETION DATE
The second week they try to find an allocation space for your mini.

Reports - - SCHEDULED FOR PRODUCTION W/ COMPLETION ON SUCH DATE
The third week is were they assign you a VIN number and give you an estimated date of completion. They project it will take a week to build your Mini but, in actuality it takes about three to four days tops.

Reports - - AWAITING TO BE RELEASED TO CARRIER
I am currently in this stage since this past Friday. Thus it should arrive in the states w/n two to three weeks tops.

I hope this helped. I have heard that production times vary as they are dependent on individual dealerships and so on. Best advice I could give you is to stay busy and check your status once a week. Believe me t will go much faster than you will ever imagine.

NOTE: The status report from 1-866-ASK-MINI are a closer resemblance to reality than
the Owners Lounge provide.

Best Regards,
:blblack:

·
fun fun fun!
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
minis13 said:
Reports - - SCHEDULED FOR PRODUCTION W/O ESTIMATED COMPLETION DATE
The second week they try to find an allocation space for your mini.

Reports - - SCHEDULED FOR PRODUCTION W/ COMPLETION ON SUCH DATE
The third week is were they assign you a VIN number and give you an estimated date of completion. They project it will take a week to build your Mini but, in actuality it takes about three to four days tops.

you said that there was a completion date? i cant seem to find that. although we got our Vin number.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.