MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just emailed my local friendly dealer at Elms Bedford.

If I order a Cooper to be built to my spec today, then I could be looking at an August arrival at the dealership!

Urgh!

At this rate if I keep to my S order I could actually get that before I could get a Cooper!

What's it like where you are?

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
What sort of spec are you after Paul??

That seems like ages, speak to Neo!

·
Registered
183 Posts
ELMS Local ?????

What about Victorias. :D :D :D

Cheers

Simon

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
Paid my deposit in December, and finalised spec mid February. Delivery penciled in for beginning of April. Car was due at dealers today for pick up maybe Sat or Mon/Tues. Just heard that car has been put back...arghhhh.....
May have to wait another week.....:mad:

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Around a 3 month waiting list at Rydale in Cardiff :eek: :eek:

·
BarWeetGarNarWeetNinnyBon
2,598 Posts
Placed my order 13 Jan and pic up sometime next week (20 March)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Placed my order on Jan 19th, collected it today :D :D :D

·
Registered
353 Posts
About 2 weeks at Soper in Lincoln I think. Whats making the delay, are you getting anything unusual like heated windscreen?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Ordered mine january 9th I think.....arrives early May!

Taylor's Boston - Best Deal on the planet!

Long wait, mind you there are a few options!

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
Delay....?
Why....?
Dealer rang about a fortnight ago and told me delivery was gonna be the 13th of March..great old car sold. Visited dealer and spoke to another guy ...delivery now the 15th. Spoke to salesman and said still the 13th....chatted to finance guy, checked system and it told me the 19th...rang dealer.....delay with a couple of cars inc. mine now looking like the 19th...still !Should speak to them thurs/fri to confirm but now seems that car is back over a week....bu**er....:mad:

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
blade929 said:
ELMS Local ?????

What about Victorias. :D :D :D

Cheers

Simon
They blew it with myself and Abi (my fiance, who gets her MINI One early April) even before the MINI was launched.

We both made attempts (more than one) to get information from them, both a few months, and just before the MINI launch last year, and they were pathetic. Elms on the other hand, even at that early stage, were enthusiastic and helpful. I didn't mention the site to them either, so I would be treated as a 'normal' customer.

I have heard they have much improved since, but Elms have been great and Abi and I would both rather wait for a MINI from them then get one tomorow at Victoria.

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh, and no, I'm not waiting on special orders, they are just selling WAY over their targets, and hence there is a delay.

They are hoping to get a larger allocation though, to match their MINI sales record more than their physical size and BMW sales which seem to be the current main influencing factors.

:)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Too soon!

Like ant I ordered mine on January 19th and expected it at the end of March. Got a phone call from the dealer on Monday to say the car had arrived.
Trouble is I don't actually need it till April when my company car goes back. C'est la vie!
Hope they keep it somewhere safe till then........

·
Registered
448 Posts
If it were me, I'd definately hang on for the S - looks like there'll only be a matter of a few weeks in it for you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ordered Cooper 11th Feb and delivery mid April. Are u sure your Dealer didnt mistake your order for an S!

Others too said 8 weeks for a cooper and 5 weeks for a mini one. Im surprised- Maybe you should try other dealers

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Kinster: No I wouldn't, I'm No.2 on the list for an 'S', put a deposit down on launch day last year!

Shay, yes I'm sure! :rolleyes:

As for other dealers, myself and Abi have had very good service from Elms, and Victoria were very bad, the other local would be Northampton at a push, but I am happy to wait.

:)

·
BarWeetGarNarWeetNinnyBon
2,598 Posts
You would if you placed an order for a Cooper the same time as the S! :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts