MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey ya'll!

iv got a MO wi 17s on it but i think it needs lowered. what drop do u recoomend? should i just get lowering springs cos i want it done cheap?

anyone that has lowered theirs on 17s - could u gimme llinks so i can see pictures?

cheers!

·
MUGEN POWER
11,372 Posts
I wud stick to eibachs personally, the ride is a lot better than a lot of other lowering springs;)

will lower fine on s spokes or any of the std mini wheels:)

·
Registered
117 Posts
I had mine lowered by eibachs done by minispeed. I think its 25mil not sure. Pics are in gallery. Its on 17s.
Ollie

·
Dude with a MINI
188 Posts
i'm considering having my MO lowered - i was looking at the Eibachs but was put off when it stated only -20mm, however, i may still go for these....can't decide. I've had people repeatedly ask me if my MO was already lowered since it does seem to be lower than standard - it must be all the weight of ma subs & amps in da boot! :D :D :p

so, do ppl reckon Eibachs are the best performance-wise? i'm concerned with price as well so am only considering spring kits like the eibachs. my MO is on 17" R90s btw.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey marc, howz it going?

im lowering mine shortly too, been quoted £112 for Spax springs from Solway Firth (near Redline). Supposidly they aint as tight as Eibach, which is what I want. I just want the car sitting better on my alloys - not to fussed about performance.

Spax are uprated by 25% firmness compared to std springs and Eibach's are 35%. So Iv been told anyway.

Bryce.

·
Dude with a MINI
188 Posts
bryce03 said:
hey marc, howz it going?

im lowering mine shortly too, been quoted £112 for Spax springs from Solway Firth (near Redline). Supposidly they aint as tight as Eibach, which is what I want. I just want the car sitting better on my alloys - not to fussed about performance.

Spax are uprated by 25% firmness compared to std springs and Eibach's are 35%. So Iv been told anyway.

Bryce.
Hey Bryce, you go to DC3 tonight? Whats S.F. like - good rep about it? I'm a bit cautious about someone mucking about with ma motor and it's shiny shoes :D We'll have to meet about Dfs some other time and banta... l8r mate.

Marc

·
MUGEN POWER
11,372 Posts
bryce03 said:
hey marc, howz it going?

Bryce.
as far as i know the eibachs are the best available for ride quality:)

beware as well that if the spax arent stiff enough u will bottom out a lot

:)

·
Deserter Zed
2,204 Posts
Eibachs!! they're the best available springs by far in my opinion!

my MO on std ONE shocks and eibachs (pics in gallery) i want to go lower, but wouldnt use different brand springs as i will bottom out too much, jus gotta save the pennys for coilovers.

·
230whp an counting
3,056 Posts
bryce03 said:
hey marc, howz it going?

Bryce.
Aviod the spax springs ive driven a cooper on them an it was like driving along on a slab!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I'm hoping to lower my One over the next couple of months. Reading around would suggest that the Eibachs are the best bet. I remember someone saying that they thought that Eibachs actually give a nicer ride that the standard springs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts