MINI Cooper Forum banner

How many km you do with one gas tank.

10K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  nfinity 
#1 ·
Can you tell me how many km in average you do with one tank full of gas.

Need to know if it's a MC or MCS.

Let me know.

Thanks.

#5 ·
I get about 550km a tank on my MC.
That's with Shell Optimax Gold 91 octane.
Could get more if I run the tank down, but usually refuel at about 1/8 tank. (the low fuel light seems to come on early at just below 1/4 tank)
Worst mileage to date is 35 mpg, all city in the recent cold snap.
Best mileage was 41mpg on a trip to Saskatoon, but that was shortly after the break-in period, I bet it will do better this summer. :)

#7 ·
Well I must be doing something wrong. I used to get about 330KM per tank with 91 octane. Since I did the MTH mod, I only get about 275. Any other MCS owners experiencing similar numbers?

#8 ·
With my MCS, I get around 350-400km on a full tank.

I got the same numbers stock and modded...

I just went on a long road trip from Montreal to Miami and I almost got 500km doing only highway, which is good in my own opinion... :cool:

#9 ·
I got a little over 500kms a few times this summer, doing mostly highway.

These days I get around 400kms a tank, maybe a little less. Seems like winter time is always tougher on gas mileage. I`m riding my 17" on dunlops graspics 215 wide too so that doesn`t help. I`d be curious to know if going to 15" or 16" improves these numbers or not, the stock 17" wheels are quite heavy.

Anyway when I bought the car I expected around 9 l / 100, lol. Guess that won`t happen.

#10 ·
2004 MCS: 475-550km per tank in a normal commute week from full to the light being on for a few km. Work drive is 50km each way half city/half freeway with US/Canada border in between. Freeway part is 120-130kph driving when the construction barrels are away.

During a non work week of pottering around town it will drop to 400-450km per tank.

Averaging 31-34 imperial MPG.

#12 ·
SoonToBeMini said:
I got a little over 500kms a few times this summer, doing mostly highway.

These days I get around 400kms a tank, maybe a little less. Seems like winter time is always tougher on gas mileage. I`m riding my 17" on dunlops graspics 215 wide too so that doesn`t help. I`d be curious to know if going to 15" or 16" improves these numbers or not, the stock 17" wheels are quite heavy.

Anyway when I bought the car I expected around 9 l / 100, lol. Guess that won`t happen.
doesnt help much, i hv 15s in the winter and mileage is about the same as the ones in the summer..

i get about 350-450 a tank.... depends on load.. before any mod.. i had done 700km once on a single tank doing 90% highway on one beautiful fall day

#13 ·
I average around 400km on a tank of gas. It doesn't matter if I take it easy on the car or push it - always around 400km. I got 500km out a tank - straight highway driving to West Virginia last year.

Oh, and it's an MCS JCW.

Anne

#15 ·
'04 MINI COOPER

Around 420kms with 94 Oct. Gas.

I decided to take a trip to Toronto when i only had 1,800 kms of my car,,, i did 675 KMS with one Full tank !! yep,, am not even joking. But remember,, i maintained a low rev. during the whole trip,, didn't exceed 90kms/hr.

I have 11,000 kms already and i only had my car for 6 months,, damn i cruise A LOT !

hehe

#16 ·
Hi:

I have a 05 MCS, after run-in, now whenever I fill up the Esso 91 Supreme, my OBC always show 500KM per tannk and 11.6L/100KM. Now I used to fill my gas tank after 400KM driving and my OBC always show around 80 to 100KM left from the tank. So I think if I drive though the whole tank of gas, it can do around 460KM per tank.

I used to drive in city, but when I work, it will be city plus highway... :rolleyes:

:dark:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.