MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2007 Mini Cooper S & am wondering how many miles I can get out of it. I am used to driving high mileage cars (My Honda Accord got up to 264k!) & I was hoping to have my Mini do the same, but now I am seeing that Minis are way different than Hondas or Toyotas. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
i've had some work hacks with 2 to 300k plus miles,, mini dont tend to do that well compared to stuff like honda and merc and some early bmw's like e36 325tds was epic and what bmw dined out on for years,, modern stuff no where near as good, even the gen3 bmw'd mini's are not as strong as old cars were pre 2007

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i've had some work hacks with 2 to 300k plus miles,, mini dont tend to do that well compared to stuff like honda and merc and some early bmw's like e36 325tds was epic and what bmw dined out on for years,, modern stuff no where near as good, even the gen3 bmw'd mini's are not as strong as old cars were pre 2007
It already has 150k but I bought it from a mechanic who pretty much specializes in minis & has 2, & he replaced a LOT getting it ready for his daughter. I LOVE driving her & i drive about 25 miles a day, barring trips. But I need her - Minnie Driver - to last to at least 200k or 5 years, maybe.

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
depends what has been done to it, timing chain last around 60000 miles a good point to change it, valve stem seals around 100k 10 years etc, high pressure fuel pumps are very random some will hit 100k some dont make it past 30k ,also as they engines use oil by design the cat and 02 sensor take a kicking with oil residue,, cars that get driven on longer trips do better than short start stop trips,, low revs is key to reduce wear

·
Premium Member
2008 Mini Cooper S hatchback,Automatic,Mello Yellow
1,017 Posts
It's not a TX4 hackney carriage; Breaking the genius book of records for most miles. but I'm sure you can put a half a million miles on one. It all comes down to the servicing of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts