MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I gained 1 cylinder, 0.6L, 60 horses, 51lb-ft. and 10 valves! Traded in my 1.0L, 3-cylinder, 55HP, 59lb-ft., 6-valve Geo Metro for my MINI Cooper :D

Harry

·
DRIVER
691 Posts
Well, I'm going from bicycle to MINI, I haven't driven in 13 months! NO more sweating before going to class!!!! =)
(also, my first time with A/C, cruise control, and power windows!)

·
Registered
14 Posts
"Giving up" 0.9L and 2 cylinders, but gaining much more in return (well, OK, I'm losing a lot of trunk space but who cares . . .) Mazda MX-6 LS: 2.5-liter V-6, 160-hp at 5500 rpm, 156 lb-ft torque at 5000 rpm. It's amazing how close the horsepower and torque ratings are for both cars. Given its lighter weight, the MINI feels much quicker. For it's size, though, the MINI's heavier than expected. The Mazda, on the other hand, weighs a surprising 2700 pounds . . .

·
Registered
19 Posts
Downsizing from 3.5 ltrs, 211 BHP, top speed limited to 155 mph. So what! I'm am SOOOOO looking forward to my ONE! A car that's being built just for me. FANTASTIC!

:D :D :D

·
M5 Extraordinare!
6,796 Posts
Giving up 3.3L, 4 cylinders, 231 horsies, and 213lb of torque hehe I wish... LOL Thats my dream car... :D

But really probably going to give up 1.4L 2 cylinders, 29 horses and 54 lbs of torque :p

Woooo Genxslkr you are giving up 4.1L?? what do u have thats a 5.7L engine?

Wait a minute? some people are listing their TOTAL Liter/Cylinders right now... not just what they are giving up huh? :confused:

·
Anyone seen MP lately???
1,110 Posts
Giving up my 3.0L V6 Sable s/w with 310,000 miles on it. Actually enjoy driving to/from work. :D

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
UCSDxB0i

I am giving up my 95 GMC Yukon 2door 4x4 with a 5.7L V8 for a Chili red/white S with premium/sport and leather. The savings in gas alone should almost pay for insurance! As for the fun factor well I think it’s going to be at least an even trade. My view whilst driving is definitely about to change.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
21 Participants
PghArch
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing