MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Why is it that when my girlfriend drives my S she can get 380ish miles in a tank.
I drive and its 320??? And thats being lightfooted.

The worst I've had is 250. Any one got less than 200 out of a tank.

Also anybody noticed any difference when using BP ultimate?

·
Registered
9,664 Posts
I get the same as Aston-I have also noticed that I tend to get better consumption if I use Shell Optimax but obviously that is 5p more per litre than normal Unleaded, so in effect not really saving any more money but like to think the Petrol is more beneficial for the engine.

·
Registered
101 Posts
It costs me about £36 to fill mine up and i get about 250 miles out of it, having come from a Audi 1.9tdi that does 600 miles on a tank its a bit of a shocker :eek: but then the MCS is heaps more fun to drive

·
Maxin' and Relaxin'
423 Posts
think my obc must be fooked!! i reset it everytime i fill up and the avarage consumption is between 30-31mpg but i only get about 230-260 miles from a full tank (£37 of optimax).

next time i'll keep the reciept and work the mpg out manuallly.

·
F43i0
3,727 Posts
I do mostly city driving and it involves a lot of short trips and i get about 190 miles which is pretty bad.
But if i go on a long trip on the motorway which is rarely i get about 360 miles

·
Making it all better.
93 Posts
Fizzle said:
think my obc must be fooked!! i reset it everytime i fill up and the avarage consumption is between 30-31mpg but i only get about 230-260 miles from a full tank (£37 of optimax).

This is similar to me - get about 240 miles from a tank, consumption around 30 mpg on average. And my right shoe is very heavy. I use Sainsbury's super unleaded though - I'm cheap :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
im averaging, 20.3 mpg and anbout 160 to the tank, how the :bad::bad::bad::bad: can some of u get 250 300 out of a tank i could never manage that

i think i like the super charger noise to much, oh and i have a wierd rite foot it wieghs about 12 stone

·
Registered
785 Posts
Tank capacity is 50 litres, but when people say what they get out of a full tank I've found with my Cooper that I can only get about 44 litres into it. I'd be happy getting 300 miles out of my new S, particularly as I will be doing 500 miles a week in it.

Regards
Christopher

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.