MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Blast from the past !
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should have the CLub Sport by the end of the month - Will be racing by April - Question is how many miles do you guys think it needs before the engine is giving it's best in performance terms - anyone dyno'd it day 1 and 3K plus for example

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I would say it was at least 2500 miles before it got realy good.

now at almost 7000 miles and its noticably better.

Best of luck.

·
Blast from the past !
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks zooooom

To be honest I think I'm going to stop posting on this site - 56 views 1 reply and 100's of owners

It strikes me that people are only interested in discussing and giving help to their own 'groups' on the subjects they want

It may not be the most interesting thread in the world but the point is it's important to me and 100's of users out their know the answer

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Perhaps people aren't replying because the question has already been answered?!

Anyway, I would agree with zoooooom.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Perhaps another reason is that no one has had their car dyno'd let alone dyno'd at Day 1 (surely not a good idea with a tight engine) and then at 3K.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Racer I hope you are not going to stop cos I want to know how u get on,
I will of course read Motoring news but I dont know your name so it not going to be too easy.

PS, I will not be posting for a wee while cos I'm off to OZ on sunday.

I drive my car hard and have had a works cooper for a morning and my car feels quicker.
but maybe if i had a works from new and drove the same way then it might be a different story.:p :p

·
Blast from the past !
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
zoooooooom

Thanks m8:)

Have a great time in Oz and hope I'm still posting when you return - If not lookout in Motorsport News I'll be the one upside down with the wheels still spinning!:D either that or me and TVRman 'll be the two pictured beating cr*p out of each other whilst our crumbling smoking mess of 2 entangled MINIs look on :D :D

·
Blast from the past !
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ELISEBOY said:
DONT GO!!!

like ur posts and likewise wanna see how the championship will go
Thanks for your support EB - I'm just annoyed that there are many well known members out there who
1) Post regularly to some threads
2) Who have Coopers
3) Who expect answers to their own threads

- but don't seem interested in helping me on this one

Whinge over - back to normalk from Monday promise

Thanks again
:)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Running in ??

The 'normal' car should be run-in for around 1500 miles - what did John Cooper Garages tell you about the CS car ??
Surely they are the best people to answer your question.

Why so many view and no answers ? - Well people like to read the messages but can't always answer the questions ?

Chris Cooper owner 3500 miles on clock feels better day by day !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts