Votes: 10 21.3%
  • MINI Cooper - Replaced with another marque

Votes: 1 2.1%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There are posts referring to replacements all over this site. Thought it might be useful to get an accurate idea of just how many have been - not that its preying on my mind or anything.

Please vote if you've got a MINI. Even if its working! ;)

hmmm... looking at this I can forsee the need to edit choices in the future........

·
Registered
546 Posts
According to my "faults database", the following MIN2-ers have rejected their cars:

blade929
baldie
jamiesim
cmt
foggie
mini maniac
MINZRED
Varse
Martyn
pandora2000

If this list is inaccurate or incomplete, please add your details below, as well as voting.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Awaiting Replacement

Ricardo,

My car is going to be replaced... Do a search on blak-hak as there's a thread in the Faults and Fixes section...

However, still haven't heard anything about the new one...

·
Moderator & Sponsor
358 Posts
ricardo said:

blade929
baldie
jamiesim
cmt
foggie
mini maniac
MINZRED
Varse
Martyn
pandora2000
DOGGER - Pending rejection
Asuming the above list is up to date - could those on the list also post the build dates of their cars? I know this has been done in other threads over the months, but to my knowledge none of them also mention rejection or possible rejection.

I get the impression that most of the rejected cars belong to 'founder' members of this site (i.e. those that also got their cars 1st). Ironically these would also have been the cars biggest fans at the outset.

I've just arranged a meeting with my dealers for this coming Saturday to discuss replacing my September build ONE. Watch this space!

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
good luck dogger (fingers crossed for you) please let us know how you go on (I'm sure you will :D) Mine was a August/September Build. My new one seems much more solid and drives a lot better too :D

·
Moderator & Sponsor
358 Posts
Cheers Col..my biggest worry at this stage is that I'll end up severely out of pocket on whatever deal the dealers try to spin at me.

Having a quick read through the 'rejection' threads though it seems like everyone has come through their rejections without losing their shirts in the process - is this the case?..

·
Registered
906 Posts
Hey, don't you remember the original "lemom adventure"? My October 1st reg MINI was the fastest rejected car ever as far as I am aware. It only travelled 25 miles. It didn't even make it home before breaking down! It made more steam than the Flying Scotsman.

·
Registered
546 Posts
As far as I can tell, these are the details that have been posted:-

Apial- One - Delivered Oct-01
baldie - Cooper - Built Sep-01 - Delivered Nov-01
blade929 - Cooper Built Oct-01 - Delivered Oct-01
blak-hak - One - dates not known
cmt - Cooper - Delivered Sep-01
dogger - One - Built Sep-01
foggie - Cooper - dates not known
jamiesim - Cooper - Delivered Oct-01
Martyn - Cooper - dates not known
mini maniac - no more info
MINZRED - no more info
pandora2000 - Cooper - dates not known
Varse -Cooper - Built Sep-01

September and October cars seem to be the problem ones.

Other finding from looking at the data on MINI2: it seems that Coopers suffer from the squeaky seat syndrome but One's do not (apart from Blak-Hak's) - presumably this is due to the 1/2 leather or full leather seats on most of the Coopers?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ricardo said:
September and October cars seem to be the problem ones.
Oh bugger!

:(

Mine has to be a September build, (got it 10th October). I don't know for sure as I can't check the plate - the s**ding thing is still at the dealers.

BTW - Ricardo, I've got the half-leather seats (Chilli pack) and they don't squeak - mind, me sitting in them probably beats them into submission. ;)

·
Registered
546 Posts
I don't mean that all Sept/Oct cars have problems!!

It's just that the rejected cars seem to be mostly from September/October.

I think it was mostly Sept/Oct builds that suffered from the "magic windows" problems.

·
Moderator & Sponsor
358 Posts
ricardo said:
I don't mean that all Sept/Oct cars have problems!!

It's just that the rejected cars seem to be mostly from September/October.

I think it was mostly Sept/Oct builds that suffered from the "magic windows" problems.
Thanks for the earlier list Ricardo - it'll come in handy when I have my 'rejection' meeting on Saturday.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Sept. Oct was the period when the 'temps' were taken on at the plant to try and ramp up production after the unprecedented levels of orders they took over June/July/August. A few more colour schemes also came on-line about that time too. Why that should throw the quality control out the window I don't know, but there seem to be at least a batch or two that have slipped through the net...

·
Registered
183 Posts
Our car was built Oct 10th. Delivered Late Oct.
As mentioned, numerous times, no real major problems but bucket loads of niggles.

Sept / Oct build does seem to be the growing trend of rejected cars.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Re: Awaiting Replacement

blak-hak said:

However, still haven't heard anything about the new one...
...and at 4pm yesterday I had "the call"!

Due to collect the next one on 15th March.

My original car was September build.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My car was a september build delivered october,faults were magic windows,squeaky seats,creaky dashboard.New car is almost perfect!!! minor problems but nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks to everyone for replying. :) The main purpose to this thread was to try and gain some idea of how many had been rejected, build dates etc.. (without doing the same amount of hard work you have Ricardo!)

Whilst I am still hoping mine is fixable, there is one thing that would concern me with a rejection. The possibility of being completely carless. I would sooner part with my testicles than go completely carless!

What sort of experience have you people who have rejected cars had? Has anyone returned their car and been left high and dry, without any form of 4-wheeled transport?

·
Moderator & Sponsor
358 Posts
From what I can gether most people have been allowed to use their rejected MINI's up to the point where they collect their new ones (correct me if I'm wrong guys)..

It's the least they can do if you think about it..you didn't want to have to return the car in the 1st place!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts