MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to how many of us young senior are turn on by the Mini?
I am going to be 62 this weekend and I can hardly wait to get behind the wheel of an S.
Please, someone tell me that I am not the oldest on this site.

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Hello Aviator and welcome to MINI2!

I'm quite a way off being 60 (I'm only 22) but I'm sure there are a few others around here who are roughly your age.

It's great to see that you're looking forward to the Cooper S! Did you have an original Mini Cooper by any chance??

(P.S. Dinger, you are over 60 aren't you?!)

·
Registered
451 Posts
ageless car

I think that the MINI will be popular across all age groups. MINI USA has targeted their advertising to 20-35 age group, but there is a group of classic mini enthusiasts (well represented on this forum) 35-55 that are interested as well.

I did a
for poll+old+farts and came up with nothing. However when I searched for poll+how+old (Search entire posts) on pg2 I found the following:

So how old are MINI owners?
AGE NUM PCT
18 - 25
data
25 - 35
edited
35 - 45
see link
45 - 55
below
55 - 65
for
65 - 75
latest
75 +
results

Total: 100%

You can read the entire thread at www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=2315&highlight=poll+how+old

·
Registered
451 Posts
mea culpa

I thought it necessary to issue an apology to the Aviator, after re-reading the post that I made above. I frequently use the term 'old-fart' as an expression of endearment around my parents, and friends over 50. However, in the context of this public forum and with visitors who are not well known to me, in retrospect, I think it was inappropriate. If you found it offensive, I am sorry, as I did not mean it that way. By way of extension I would like to include any other, over age 50, visitors to this forum as well in that apology.

It appears that in the data above, current owners in the UK and EU, that are over 50 comprise about 7-8 percent of the MINI buyers there. I would expect that in the US, the percent would be higher than that, because of the large number of kids who were car enthusiasts in the 50s and 60s are now maturing and are looking for that 'fun car' that reminds them of that first hot-rodded klunker they owned.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I didn't participate in the "how old" poll, but I'm 55, so that makes me a "geezer" I guess. I remember listening to a couple cops on my police scanner. One said "Who was the witness?" and the other said "He's an old guy, about 50." The worst part about getting old is seeing some nice gal and realizing you are probably older than her father. :mad:

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
I'll be 49 Sunday, and will get the first "S" to come into Baltimore (BMW of Towson). As to being with a woman young enough to be my daughter...well, my daughter is 6 years old. I guess I could have a daughter that's 31 (I was boinking at 18), but sheesh...31 is kinda old isn't it? I like women in their late twenties. That's what I liked when I was 18 too..never changes!

·
Registered
927 Posts
I just turned 50 last fall - got my AARP Card!

Gee - I wonder if I can get a senior citizen's discount?!:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Over 50

Karmuze, no offence taken. My 38 years old son refers to me as the “old fart”. That doesn’t bother me. What does is that he does not let me drive his 911 often—just wait until I get my S, my grin will outdo his. :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hello out there. Another reply from the "O.F." ranks. I'm 59 years old and do hope to have a new "S" at some point (hopefully this year).Several years ago I was interested in buying an original Cooper S which started my love affair with the mini. The seller could not get the car going and I later found out the seller had not been truthful and that the car was a repaired wreck, so I consider myself lucky that I didn't buy the car. But minis new and old are just plain cool.:D :p :) Don't you think?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts