MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Silly Question, does anyone out there know how many Mini one's & Coopers there are on the roads in the UK at present. I'm starting to see a few now, but not that many.
& what do you think is the most popular colour???????

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Mickey, welcome to MINI2! :)

The number of MINIs registered in the UK was said to be about 10,000 at the end of 2001. So now that number has got to be at least 12-13,000 or more I would guess. :p

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bruce,

Mini Cooper S. Emmmmm Nice. wanted one of them myself but the buget would'nt take it. and the wait, nearly a year was a bit off-putting. You found out what Insurance group it going to be in yet ???

·
Registered
374 Posts
UK registration figures for February are now out. The total number of Minis registered to the end of February was 15,861.

February registrations were down to less than half of January's, though this is exactly in line with the whole market. I guess there were a lot of Minis registered early in March, so the total may be around 17,000 now.

·
Registered
451 Posts
where have all the MINIs gone

Something doesn't quite add up here. Help me out.

Previous post: 15,861 MINIs registered in UK at end of FEB.

BRG Cooper at the Detroit NAIAS in JAN had VIN...50062 (possible dec build?).

Three shifts at Oxford plant 7-days a week theoretically can produce 10,000 cars per month. (120,000 per year).

Estimate approx 2,000 MINIs are in the US.

Assume that customer cars started with VIN...10001 to account for all the test, engineering & pre-production prototypes.

The math: 50062 minus 15861 plus 10000(jan est) plus 10000(feb est) minus 2000 minus 10001=42200 cars not accounted for. Where are those cars?

I haven't counted any cars sold in EU or rest of the world. And Oxford production in Jan & Feb may not be 20000.
But I don't think those two alone could account for 42200 cars.

Where do you think the biggest error in my assumptions is?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I read that the official figure for MINIs produced between July and December last year was 43 thousand.:confused:

·
Registered
612 Posts
Re: where have all the MINIs gone

karmuze said:
Something doesn't quite add up here. Help me out.

Where do you think the biggest error in my assumptions is?
Lots of estimates and assumptions there. Probably helpful to count in a figure for Europe, its pretty big, and the rest of the world too, musn't forget them!;) Plus the fact that lots of cars will be held ready for transport either here in the UK at Thorne or at ports and international distribution centres.

·
Tinkering In The Garage
2,169 Posts
build ratio

I belive that some where on this site the build ratio of Ones to Coopers is 25% Ones and 75% Coopers, but that was a few months ago so it might be different now but then again as the USA isn't getting the One it could be true still
Ady (R50)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts