MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Being normal is not fun!
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got my car booked in for the 15k service next monday, and I was told it'd cost me $420 (apparantly trade price due to me working in the industry) - however today I was talking to Todd and he was telling me he remember paying much less for his 15k - around $270ish he told me!

Just wondering what you guys paid for yours, so I ask what the hells going on if I'm being overcharged.

Cheers guys,

Kevin

·
2,756 Posts
From memory, I think that I paid around $380, in saying that though... it may have been $320.

Not much help due to the bad memory, but iat least it gives some sought of idea.

Dan

·
Sponsor and Widget
1,736 Posts
I bought 3 X 3 so servicing was included for first 60k.. ;) Wow, i get 2 services and an extension of warranty for a year all for the price of $1300 :rolleyes:

·
Twincharge???
2,227 Posts
There's ways to chop down the price (well with my dealer anyway)

* Those idiots charge $20.85 + GST to clean my engine bay - they barely wipe the thing so I told them to stick it up their bunghole after being burnt once.
* Microfilter - are you willing to pay $78 for it? I don't so I told them to stick it as well. Besides I am smoker, it's not like a little bit more particle in the air will affect me but if your car smells like a can of tuna, it's time to toss it out though.
* Wiper -are you willing to pay $60 for a set of BMW/MINI original wiper? Hell, a $7 replacement from Supercheap work just as well except I need to play around with the thing for 15 minutes. I think I'm doing pretty well in 15 minutes to save $50. Besides my old one still works as good as day one.

Seems like $420 is a bit much because I paid $495.11 for my Inspection 1 with brake fluid replaced and a cracked fan belt replaced too minus those things listed above. With Todd's $270 oil change, I think it's just an oil change - $125 labour + GST then add some nice Mobil 1 in there (5 litres of the stuff @ $20 ex GST a litre) plus a few dollars for waste disposal and workshop related stuff.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Baker said:
I've got my car booked in for the 15k service next monday, and I was told it'd cost me $420 (apparantly trade price due to me working in the industry) - however today I was talking to Todd and he was telling me he remember paying much less for his 15k - around $270ish he told me!

Just wondering what you guys paid for yours, so I ask what the hells going on if I'm being overcharged.

Cheers guys,

Kevin
Had my 15K done 2 weeks ago, even though only 11K on the clock, but it is nearly 2 years old :( Cost $290, which included $90 for oil, the rest is made up of labour costs to "inspect" things. Even though I told the dealer not to "inspect" anything as i keep a close eye on things. Given they have had my MCS 4 times to fix the budgie under the bonnet, and fitted everything from new belts, new JCW Supercharger and finally a new pulley (budgie gone for the moment :D ) and all at no cost to me, i thought I would let it slide. But $290 to change oil is pretty steep.

Vic

·
You are number 6
5,267 Posts
minigolf said:
Crumbs Vic, you need to drive your MINI more. But I probably don't need to tell you that. :p At the very least I think you should let me have your JCW bits so I can get value for money for them on your behalf. :D
I've got a better idea for your JCW bits Vic; I'll swap you Foundation Membership number 2 for them :D

·
Registered
307 Posts
Dont I feel ripped.

Put mine in two weeks ago.

$477. I got stung for all the same things as Dairyboy. It seems I got new oil for $110 or so + labour. The rest was all checking this and that ( all stuff I knew was OK before it went in) and that damn pollen filter.

Wont be getting caught next time though. Mine went to Parramatta because thats were I bought it, but if anyone can suggest a better option I'd like to hear it.

·
Were there Oompa loompas?
4,146 Posts
ChilliRedS said:
Dont I feel ripped.

Put mine in two weeks ago.

$477. I got stung for all the same things as Dairyboy. It seems I got new oil for $110 or so + labour. The rest was all checking this and that ( all stuff I knew was OK before it went in) and that damn pollen filter.

Wont be getting caught next time though. Mine went to Parramatta because thats were I bought it, but if anyone can suggest a better option I'd like to hear it.
OUCH!

$230 for the first oil change, $365 for the Inspection 1 (including pollen filter - which I agree is a total rip off)

dairyboy said:
Besides I am smoker, it's not like a little bit more particle in the air will affect me
Ah ha ha :D

·
Twincharge???
2,227 Posts
Ever wondered why we got raped for the same things? That's because we handed to the very same dealer :p $20 for cleaning the engine bay is just a joke. $2 for a fuse that's worth $0.20 is a joke. $70 to fix up a dodgy dying rear hatch lock is a joke. $40 to lube the sunroof is the biggest joke of it all.

My old man was saying to me the other day, "why did you bought two of those ****** cars when they need to get looked at almost every week?" I have no rebut to that.

ChilliRedS said:
To make it up for it, I usually go and eat like a pig and drink as many flat white/latte/mocha/diet Coke as I possibly can LOL. I had 8 picnics there with my old car and 1 picnic there with the MCS, 2 more picnics planned in the near future to sort a few more things out with the MCS.

With the pollen filter, Bosch makes an aftermarket replacement at $20USD a pop, I am not aware they are available here but I'll be buying a couple to replace mine. Even with freight and stuff, I think I'm still getting a better deal than OEM parts.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
minigolf said:
Crumbs Vic, you need to drive your MINI more. But I probably don't need to tell you that. :p At the very least I think you should let me have your JCW bits so I can get value for money for them on your behalf. :D
Hmmm perhaps pigs fly in Canberra :confused:

At least every time i drive the MCS its like a new car, it even still smells new. Now let's see its been 3 weeks since its last drive must nearly be time :D If only i could get out of this office. :(

Vic

·
Track Addict
2,622 Posts
Hi,

15K service ?

My car Sparky has 17k on the clock, and is still showing 2k on the service interval indicator until the service is due :eek: Does that mean I am driving it like a granny :( :eek:

By the way Vic, you do need to drive you mini more ;)

Cheers

Robbo

·
saving the world
2,896 Posts
Far out I didn't know services were THAT expensive! I got triple 3 so I've not paid for one, but I've had oil changes at the dealer when half way between intervals - they have always been less than $150 I think.

And the old $20 Trivett Classic Engine Bay Wash hahahaha.... They did that on Wes's car and his engine bay was still filthy. I rang them (had to anyway, my car had something broken) and asked what was going on and he said next time Wes was in he'd credit him $20. I think it's just some standard dealer thing they do :rolleyes:

Robbo, I think I had my 15k service at 16000km and it was showing a few thousand left... Pretty sure I wasn't driving like a granny :D

And Vic - drive that car more son! :cool:

·
Were there Oompa loompas?
4,146 Posts
dairyboy said:
With the pollen filter, Bosch makes an aftermarket replacement at $20USD a pop, I am not aware they are available here but I'll be buying a couple to replace mine. Even with freight and stuff, I think I'm still getting a better deal than OEM parts.
I've seen the Bosch ones for the Mini on ebay. Can't remember how much suffice to say that even after shipping, it worked out a fair bit less than OEM. Oh and I hope your Dad was joking :confused:

·
Twincharge???
2,227 Posts
IML337 said:
And the old $20 Trivett Classic Engine Bay Wash hahahaha.... They did that on Wes's car and his engine bay was still filthy. I rang them (had to anyway, my car had something broken) and asked what was going on and he said next time Wes was in he'd credit him $20. I think it's just some standard dealer thing they do :rolleyes:
Maybe I should shoot them an e-mail and let them know I've been raped for $20, hopefully they'll credit me with $20 so I can go and buy those busting bracket thing that hold the fender trim on. Bloody Murray wouldn't buldge in and replace them for free.

·
Whatev.
2,878 Posts
My first service was almost $500. Almost $100 of that was the bodgy badge business. Last time I ask them to do anything as an afterthought. $25 pre gst to fit a rear badge AND THEY DID IT CROOKED. Grrr. That was AFTER paying for the damn badge.

Didn't have mine till 19000kms (from memory). I drive like a granny and I do a lot of highway kms.

·
Registered
34 Posts
IML337 said:
Far out I didn't know services were THAT expensive! I got triple 3 so I've not paid for one, but I've had oil changes at the dealer when half way between intervals - they have always been less than $150 I think.

Robbo, I think I had my 15k service at 16000km and it was showing a few thousand left... Pretty sure I wasn't driving like a granny :D

And Vic - drive that car more son! :cool:

i have booked for my service for next wk at parramatta and they quote me for the first service was 450, 40 bucks cheaper than the one at artorman, but i still think its quite expensive,

so is there anything that i should not ask them to change for me to cut the cost down like filter or etc etc??

·
Registered
624 Posts
i paid around 450 in first service for my first car in Paramatta. Thinking it as a rip off?
Yes maybe, but after knowing what other brand dealers charge for their service, not as much as a rip off as it seems.
anyways..
i've now got the triple three on my new car which will also include the extra year warranty....
i hope that my warranty will still be valid after the first year...
MY CAR IS ALL STANDARD BRO :D

·
Lake Brate and Turn
11 Posts
Down here in Adelaide it's about $350 per annual service and they even do free driveway serivces in between normal services. they inspect the car, top up air pressure, oil, coolant, wiper fluid ect all while you have a coffee and it doesn't cost anything!

They quote around $750 for the major service at 90,000kms.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts