MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The reason I post this thread under Australian region is because I'm in Australia (Melbourne) and I'd like to know the prices Melbournian Mini owners pay to get and fit their aero kits.

Alrite, can you guys please tell me the dealer you bought it from and how much..if you dont mind of course.

Thanks in advance guys

·
Boy who made the wolf cry
10,324 Posts
I have the back so far, cost me $570 for the rear installed, which was about $60 cheaper than the standard rear...

I have been quoted a few figures ranging from $3700 to $5000.

I was never told by anybody, but the aftermarket aero kit does not come with plastic "ripple-finish" trim, your panel beater actually "masks" the area off and paints it a similar black color, which in my opinion (having it on my car) looks a bit tacky... but right now I am limited in my funds to get the rest of the trimmings painted... plus Im now not sure what color to do them...

Do I do them red or black?

If you plan on painting the cars trims in black - like I know we have spoken about, there is no hassles, as you have a smooth surface to start of with.

If you get a factory fitted Aero kit, your trimming is the same "rippled" black plastic to match your wheel arches and side skirts... and the smooth area is painted in the body color.

Todd

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
that sounds strange.... what happens if you have the 'factory' kit and it gets damaged, surely you can get exactly the same parts as a spare part?

·
10,324 Posts
It was odd, but many others can verify it!!

Its a little strange I think... I'll get it all fixed later though, so it will look great:D

I think it has something to do with som many people getting the kit and painting it all anyway, rather than defining the two colors...

Todd

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Red&blackS said:
I have the back so far, cost me $570 for the rear installed, which was about $60 cheaper than the standard rear...

I have been quoted a few figures ranging from $3700 to $5000.

I was never told by anybody, but the aftermarket aero kit does not come with plastic "ripple-finish" trim, your panel beater actually "masks" the area off and paints it a similar black color, which in my opinion (having it on my car) looks a bit tacky... but right now I am limited in my funds to get the rest of the trimmings painted... plus Im now not sure what color to do them...

Do I do them red or black?

If you plan on painting the cars trims in black - like I know we have spoken about, there is no hassles, as you have a smooth surface to start of with.

If you get a factory fitted Aero kit, your trimming is the same "rippled" black plastic to match your wheel arches and side skirts... and the smooth area is painted in the body color.

Todd
That's interesting..but if I was to buy the kit..I'd rather color code all of the plastic bits..

BTW..Todd, the prices I found was b/w $3700 - 4500 which is close to what you said.

But just wondering if anyone in Melbourne has got a better deal

·
10,324 Posts
leon1982 said:
That's interesting..but if I was to buy the kit..I'd rather color code all of the plastic bits..

BTW..Todd, the prices I found was b/w $3700 - 4500 which is close to what you said.

But just wondering if anyone in Melbourne has got a better deal
I had assumed that was your plan. It isnt that much of a feature on the black cars anyway...

I think most people are "Swarn to secrecy" as most parts managers tell them, "...this is a special price... once only kinda deal..." All I can say is just shop around...

Todd

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
Todd!
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing