MINI Cooper Forum banner

What was the MRRP of your NEW Cooper (Pounds)

• Less than 13k

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • 13k-14k

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • 14k-15k

Votes: 23 23.0%
  • 15k-16k

Votes: 20 20.0%
  • 16k-17k

Votes: 18 18.0%
  • 17k+

Votes: 12 12.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Easy one, how much was the cost of your NEW Cooper? I'm interested to guage the average spend, to see whats "acceptable". Whats too much for a Cooper?

Votes are Private by the way, for your anonymity :)

·
MINI Owner!
415 Posts
I just went to XE.com and did a conversion from $21000, to GBP, and got £11,500..... Coopers over there must be far more "expensive" than here. Anyway, I'll spend about $21,000 on mine. :D

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
afromanbob said:
I just went to XE.com and did a conversion from $21000, to GBP, and got £11,500..... Coopers over there must be far more "expensive" than here. Anyway, I'll spend about $21,000 on mine. :D

Yeah, us Brits just love paying 50% more for our motors, for no good reason. In fact why not charge us double????

(Getting ready for the flames........) Anyway, they pick the best Coopers for the UK market and anything not up to scratch gets exported ;) Thats why we pay more ....... or so I keep telling myself :)

Seriously though, I've speccd a replacement Cooper for 15.7K which is above the average cost (from the results), but it's not toooo above average.

·
Overboosting.....
3,392 Posts
Well I set myself a £15000 budget, but ended up spending £16500 - DOH - Thanks MINI Finance!!!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I paid 20,500 euros, which is 13 - 14K. Cars are still outrageously expensive in the UK. We don't have road tax over here either :D

- blues
"Can't Buy Me Love"

·
Registered
8 Posts
10.5k for me. I'm picking mine up tomorrow but it is second hand. I think I paid way underneath the odds for it considering the equipment but I'm not complaining! Found out that a fully specced Cooper is actually MORE than a fully specced Cooper S which sort of sold me on an S but that was just a dream and now I have a reality :)

·
Peoples Republic Of Cork
1,150 Posts
You guys are lucky ,you should live in Ireland , My Cooper ( due Sept ) has a list of € 29300 euro , stg £ 19.369 . Cooper ,Chilli red / black , Chilli pack , chrome int ,air con (man) mfsw, interesting to note manual aircon is € 1280 option in Ireland ,and to think we are all supposed to be ' Europeans '
Gerard

·
Registered
138 Posts
Here in Virginia, we paid slightly over $23k for our MINI Cooper. It had a lot of nice little extras though. Plus, I can't drive a manual, so I have the CVT, which added quite a lump.

·
Registered
138 Posts
afromanbob said:
Why can't you drive a manual, if you don't mind me asking? I only wonder this becuase I have just gone through a big ordeal trying to decide whether I wanted a manual or CVT.

Because I never learned how to and I'm really not interested. heheh :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
list, no markup/add-ons,
$22,000 plus tax, license, reg.
2003 MCS
Good buy! Very happy!
Mini of Pittsburgh (PA, USA)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
About this Discussion
44 Replies
33 Participants
mini_magik
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing