MINI Cooper Forum banner

41 - 60 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
seems a bit steep compared to others! I had so much hassle trying to sort it all out just gave up in the end and went for the high price, should never had told them about the 18" wheels!!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
34, male, 7yrs ncb, protected, fully comp., Reading...., and my girl is a registered driver (always helps).

Compare the market best: £950
Admiral: £993.04 :D:D:D
Directline (had previous car insured there): £620 w. £450 excess (went that high as I have a small accident damage insurance with the dealership)

Still steep but I guess its down to location.

Ridiculous thing is that i had to cancel and sign up new customer as they wouldn't match their quote when changing cars. Brainless zombie f*cktards. They even sent me a letter asking for the previous NCB proof. D'oh!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have been quoted £1500 with Admiral for my Mini JCW. I've got 1 years no claims. 6 points on my license. The next quote up from that was a company called Bell who quoted me £1700. The good thing about these two companies is that you can build your no claims up by insuring your car for 10months which will entitle you to gain an extra year no claims.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I pay £700ish for my Mini Cooper S with Admiral multi car :) Female, 24, near Ascot. 3 yrs no claims and 1 accident a couple of years back. My 23 yr old bf is included on that too.

·
Registered
32 Posts
This threadgreat but can people please say like HLG who your insurance is with, im 19 just passed no ncm and geting quted 3k for a
Mini one but really want it bit cheaper

·
Registered
8 Posts
Cooper D Clubman 07, 11 NCB £224 with Kwik Fit. 15000 miles 51 years old.

It is merciless what some insurance companies are charging. Kwik Fit actually stated that premiums should fall over the next couple of years due to less uninsured drivers on the road, I won't be holding my breath but it would be good to see. :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
2008 MCS Insurance

The wrong side of 40, IAM Motorcycle Test pass (gives good car discount too) , South East UK. 2008 MCS Standard - Up to 20 k miles per year - £404 from Adelaide Insurance and their IAM Surety Insurance offering - based in N Ireland - Recommended Insurer , about the best I could get going through D Line, Comparison sites etc

·
Caution!! Girl Racer!!
229 Posts
29yo Clubman S 7yr NC with Adrian Flux £276

You do know your choice of employment makes a difference to your insurance premium

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mini Free insurance deal?

I just ordered a 2012 Cooper Clubbie. The dealer was promoting Mini's special free insurance for one year deal, which I'm planning on taking up, once I get my registration number. Apparently (which I didn't realise when I ordered the car), this includes the TLC, which is an extra £249, so appears to be good value.

I'm a bit annoyed though, as the salesman added on the £249 charge for the TLC (which I'd agreed to at the time, because I wanted to have the TLC). When I told him that I read the TLC was included in the free insurance deal, and that I'd like him to deduct the charge, he refused, saying that I'd had all the discount off the car, and that he wouldn't take off any additional money.

This charge for the TLC is added 'after' any discounts are taken, and when I told him it wasn't right, he said he could take the TLC charge off, and deduct it from the car discount.

Is this a fast-talking sales shark? I didn't think Mini car salespeople had to resort to this time of tactic-- surely the cars sell themselves!

Does anyone have experience in dealing with 'Head Office' on this sort of thing? Is it worth it? Or have I been done?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Paid £1000 for 10 months
53 cooper s 19 2years no claims (admiral, confused.com plus ring and haggle)

little brother first car £1900 12months
03 mini one 0 years no claim no previous driving

·
Registered
224 Posts
£460 Mini JCW 11 Reg. Im 35 Years Old with no points and full NC ... Direct Line Insurance Protected NC with A £250 Excess

·
Registered
626 Posts
48, more than 7 years Protected No Claims Bonus driving a 2010 Mini Cooper D Convertible and I pay a shade over £200 (the £30 a year increase when I changed edged it over the £200 but only by a couple of pounds).

Thats with Aviva on a Multicar with my daughters (only me driving though), surprised at Aviva as usually they are way off the mark, and it was only price that took me there, not those F-ing Paul Whitehouse ads.

·
Registered
22 Posts
48, more than 7 years Protected No Claims Bonus driving a 2010 Mini Cooper D Convertible and I pay a shade over £200 (the £30 a year increase when I changed edged it over the £200 but only by a couple of pounds).

Thats with Aviva on a Multicar with my daughters (only me driving though), surprised at Aviva as usually they are way off the mark, and it was only price that took me there, not those F-ing Paul Whitehouse ads.
Been thinking about multicar - though my insurer for my wifes car (I'm named driver) was more than just taking on a new policy!

Best quote so far (using 7 day free cover at the moment) is £500 fully comp - 36 with no NCD or points (but 7yrs NCD on one car and 3 yrs on other grrrrr)

·
Registered
626 Posts
I'd give Multicar a look, was with Admiral for 3 years, firstly just oldest daughter had her policy with them, added mine at my renewal and then youngest added her car when she got one.

Really did make a difference for the girls premiums and it keeps it all together. Like I say, moved to Aviva this year but would go back to Admiral again if the money was right.

41 - 60 of 173 Posts
About this Discussion
172 Replies
114 Participants
Jackdaniel
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing