MINI Cooper Forum banner

81 - 100 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
The amount of paying or taking insurance should not be just random decision i believe. One should look into the income as well as the income tax slab too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The amount of paying or taking insurance should not be just random decision i believe. One should look into the income as well as the income tax slab too.
Why should income have any bearing at all on your car insurance costs?

EU courts would soon have that marked down as discriminatory, your income has no influence on your insurance risk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm 46yrs just got '04 Cooper S, and I was quoted £150 with full NCB, or since its my second car £250 without any NCB all fully comp.

I was impressed at how low the insurance is when you are old!!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Why should income have any bearing at all on your car insurance costs?

EU courts would soon have that marked down as discriminatory, your income has no influence on your insurance risk
The higher a persons income the less likely they are to defraud their insurance company if and when the opportunity presents itself.

·
Registered
204 Posts
There are so many factors that play a part in what a person pays for insurance. The answer to your question will probably be as beneficial as asking someone how much they spend on groceries. Your best bet is to shop the companies in your area and go from there.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I pay £150 pa for my wife and I for fully comprehensive cover on our Cooper S convertible. One of the few rewards for being 71! Yes, it's Saga.

·
Registered
3 Posts
For my 07 Cooper 1.6 d (chilli) I paid £547 fully comp (windscreen, legal, personal accident and key cover included) with Adrian Flux. I'm 28 with 1 year no claims.

This was cheaper than the cheapest non-telematics quotes on MoneySupermarket and Confused and still offered the same price after I moved to a different address for which the quotes on comparison websites were even more expensive (additional £40-£50).

Definitely worth giving them a call.

81 - 100 of 173 Posts
About this Discussion
172 Replies
114 Participants
Jackdaniel
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing