MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have had a look around the forums and cant find an answer to this question.

I have ordered the 2 front spot lights and noticed that the price for the spots on there own is £113, yet my dealer is charging me £378.58 which means labour is £265.58.

This is apparantly standard BMW charges but can anyone who has had them fitted let me know if you have had them cheaper or have you even fitted them yourself?

I have read that you should not fit yourself because it affects the Engine Management System but any help would be welcome

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
Bloody hell thats extorshionate! (spelt wrong I know)

I went into Ian Anthony yesterday to add something to my spec and to make sure that the clear side repeaters would be ordered for when I collect my car. They said well that'll be £47 please!!!!! :confused: I was like hell no I've been told its only £21. So he checked up for me, its £21 + Fitting!!!
It only takes 2 seconds to change the things and they want £26! So I'll said I'd fit them myself ta very much! (no doubt I'll need help with it:D ;)

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Check out my gallery for fitting photos of the clear side repeaters! It really only takes 5 mins.

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
monsta said:
Check out my gallery for fitting photos of the clear side repeaters! It really only takes 5 mins.
I knew I'd seen it in someone's gallery before! Thanks Monsta your a star! I mean you'd think that when your spending 14k on a car they could spare 30 seconds to fit some side repeaters wouldn't yah!

No matter, no sense in doing stuff for free I supose!

Thanks again

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
Damian_Hardman said:
Bloody hell thats extorshionate! (spelt wrong I know)
You're not wrong :D

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
Kinster said:

U better go to the opticians mate.
When I came on here and posted that reply the message WAS blank. You will note that it says that your message that was blank before has been edited by yourself since then! I don't need to go to the opticians I assure you!

·
BarWeetGarNarWeetNinnyBon
2,598 Posts
You'll also have noticed that Monsta replied on the 21st Feb on the same day you and I posted, meaning I MUST have posted something for Monsta to reply to it!

The post was edited on 23rd February, meaning I only added a word to it.

Explain that? :D

Damian_Hardman said:
You should also noticed it was edited AFTER my reply :D

·
Registered
353 Posts
Ladies please!;) :p ;)

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
Kinster said:
You'll also have noticed that Monsta replied on the 21st Feb on the same day you and I posted, meaning I MUST have posted something for Monsta to reply to it!

The post was edited on 23rd February, meaning I only added a word to it.

Explain that? :D

I can't, but why when I hit quote on your allegeidly blank message has it still come up on my message as blank????

Who cares anyway :eek:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts