MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
My first post on here. I've been the proud owner of a late 2006 JCW 210 for a couple of years now. I bought it for £2700 and had a feeling it was a bit of a bargain... I'm now considering selling as I'm going to be renovating a house and need a bigger car for the trips to B&Q, etc.
I'm having a real hard time valuing the car. I've seen anything from £1500 all the way up to about £7000!
e.g.

Mine is nearing 120k on the clock and it's had all the 'problem' areas looked at. It's as good or better than the one in that link... but is £6k really a realistic price?!!
Any ideas? Also happy to share my experience with the car and answer any Qs if other people have any :)

·
Registered
7,173 Posts
its a buyers market also its not old enough yet and there are many cars like it on the road still,, if were a under 50.000 miles one owner car with complete bmw service history in like new condition throughout someone might come along and look past the age of it as a collectors car, i've bought and sold cars all my life and have sort of got a understanding on them,, ie the advert needs to sell someone one a idea, it also needs to be fault free and also bills to prove this, two types of buyer one is looking for cheap transport the other is looking for a feel good car ,, but the feel good buyers tend to want it perfect,

Reactions: Jmzlew

·
Registered
953 Posts
Hi all,
My first post on here. I've been the proud owner of a late 2006 JCW 210 for a couple of years now. I bought it for £2700 and had a feeling it was a bit of a bargain... I'm now considering selling as I'm going to be renovating a house and need a bigger car for the trips to B&Q, etc.
I'm having a real hard time valuing the car. I've seen anything from £1500 all the way up to about £7000!
e.g.

Mine is nearing 120k on the clock and it's had all the 'problem' areas looked at. It's as good or better than the one in that link... but is £6k really a realistic price?!!
Any ideas? Also happy to share my experience with the car and answer any Qs if other people have any :)
£6k and 120k miles = no, such prices are for cars that sadly have not been used or enjoyed.

Is say you paid under its higher value by about £1k at most, but a Mini can and will gobble up that grand with a clutch, suspension bushes, charger service with new radiators etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its a buyers market also its not old enough yet and there are many cars like it on the road still,, if were a under 50.000 miles one owner car with complete bmw service history in like new condition throughout someone might come along and look past the age of it as a collectors car, i've bought and sold cars all my life and have sort of got a understanding on them,, ie the advert needs to sell someone one a idea, it also needs to be fault free and also bills to prove this, two types of buyer one is looking for cheap transport the other is looking for a feel good car ,, but the feel good buyers tend to want it perfect,
Oh, don’t worry. That £1k soon went! one of the rear springs snapped (luckily at low speed!), new cat, oil leak & other general maintenance.
Thanks for the info. I definitely agree £6k for that car in the link is a bit rich!

·
Registered
7,173 Posts
130k and the age as well my mate buys them from auctions a lot for £500-£1000 and breaks them for parts ie worth more in bits than what they sell for,, internet full of cars under 2k and 2005 to 2006 years with better ss on them etc,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts