MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The manual suggests that if I am driving with the top down and it begins to rain, as long as I drive faster than it is raining (huh???) I should be fine...

Is this bunk or can I really drive in the rain with little to no issues and, if so, how much rain does it generally take to cause issues at say, highway speeds...

·
Registered
241 Posts
Not bunk at all. I've driven in some pretty heavy downpours with the roof down, but to keep dry you've got to keep over 70. And if you've got people in the back - well they'll be wet!

I once had an MX5 (Miata) that was fantastic in the rain, as long as you were moving over 40/50mph no rain would get anywhere near you. Unfortunately driving home once the rain got so heavy the traffic slowed to about 10mph - I got drenched!

My motto - roof down unless you need an Ark!

·
6X therapist
13,907 Posts
Rich C is right, my factory tester Cabrio was fine from 30 mph upwards, as long as you dont have to stop. As its a 4 seater I cannot vouchsafe for the poor folks in the back, the rear seats did get wet, in the front no problem at all:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.