MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ii have a mini one 2003reg

its getting hard to lift the infant carseat into the back and the baby has started yelling as soon as i put him in the back of the car (hes going through that "i am going to scream when ever i cant see mummy or daddy" stage so i would like to have the air bags switched off so i can put him in the front.

how much does this cost???
x

·
Back In A Clubman 23yr On
194 Posts
I can't specifically quote for MINI, but if it is of any help whatsoever then VW wanted £80 to deactivate in my wife's Polo....and to fix warning stickers everywhere so as to be free from legal claim in the event of increased damages......oh yes, and £80 to turn it back on again in the future!!

They said that no "in-line" switch could be fitted.

Slightly irrelevant answer.......I accept :redface:

·
Registered
193 Posts
I read somewhere recently that it's about £250 on the first gen cars. As it involves a software change and a new seatbelt.

I think you get the option to do it yourself on the later cars via a switch in the glovebox.

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
I read somewhere recently that it's about £250 on the first gen cars. As it involves a software change and a new seatbelt.

I think you get the option to do it yourself on the later cars via a switch in the glovebox.
My thats expensive. Still, luckily I have a switch - its certainly a selling feature now! Still, why do you need a new seatbelt to turn an airbag off???

·
Registered
193 Posts
My thats expensive. Still, luckily I have a switch - its certainly a selling feature now! Still, why do you need a new seatbelt to turn an airbag off???

I don't know for definite, but I guess a seatbelt designed to work in conjunction with an airbag might operate in a different way to one designed to work without.

It was in one of the sticky threads I read when we were looking to get our car, as I was also concerned about getting our daughter in the back and wondered about getting it done on whatever car we bought.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts