MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I LUV my MINI
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Was reading a post about wheels so though I would pop over to the MINI USA site so I could configure the car and see what they looked like on. While I was there I decided to spec a MINI Cooper S practically to the same as the S I'm expecting in November.

Imagine my shock when it came to $25,981 and how much more shocked I was when I did a currency conversion........£14,568......... yes thats right and it got a good piece of kit on it as well

I still can't believe it just over £14 grand and you get an S, my first Cooper was nearly as much....... No wonder guys in the US can afford to get all sorts of aftermarket bits....lol

·
I LUV my MINI
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

Hi Gez

It wouldn't be so bad if we could even get aftermarket parts from the US, but even those work out loads more expensive. I mean they get lots of carbon fibre goodies over there like whole CF bonnets n stuff.

I can't wait to take delivery of my MCS, it's costing me a fortune though coz I keep seeing bits on the net and buying them.

Gonna ring my dealer and see if it's not to late to get a heated windscreen added & anti dazzle rear view mirror. Another £160. think they come as a new option coz at one time you had to buy them as a £200 kit with rain sensor which I din't want anyway.

Well thanks 4 the post bye 4 now :)

·
I LUV my MINI
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imagine if you had to pay

Hi

Yeah it's a lot of money but just imagine if you had to pay $32,660.75 for it....lol

That works out at £18,323 nowthats a lot of money ;)

·
Registered
188 Posts
you can't necessarily compare things like that though. I mean if you consider the price of something in America to Cambodia it seems ridiculous, so the real question is how much do the cars cost in comparison to other things such as rent and what not. It may be that people in England make more than Americans therefore compensating for the high price of living.

·
I LUV my MINI
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
True

Hi

Yeah the cost of living is quite high over here, not sure of the average wage either never worked for roughly 9 years now, not coz I'm lazy just medically retired at age 27.

So I wonder how much a MINI is in Cambodia :D

Another thing that doesn't help over here is all the high taxes, we pay tax on everything,we even pay tax on tax :mad:

Well catch u all later thanks 4 posting

·
Registered
184 Posts
Mataku, you would have a point about differing price levels if it wasn't for the fact that the GDP/head in the states is about $8000 more (normalised) than it is in the UK. So not only do you guys earn more but your stuff is cheaper too!

·
Motoring since 8/4/04 :)
553 Posts
gezmedinger said:
Mataku, you would have a point about differing price levels if it wasn't for the fact that the GDP/head in the states is about $8000 more (normalised) than it is in the UK. So not only do you guys earn more but your stuff is cheaper too!
Which is why I live over here!

·
Registered
188 Posts

is it really that much more? I dunno.. you have to consider those really rich people and such in America like Bill Gates and all the movie stars and such. I think the range of rich and poor are very broad over here so GDP may not be the best thing to consider. We need some better way to compare than some economic indicator.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.