MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Wanted one so bought one
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am interested in knowing if your age has had anything at all to do with your choice of Mini colour?

I am going to buy a MCS and have posted on the MCS forum regarding my dilemma regarding choice of colour.

Now there is a child in us all but having turned 50!! I am possibly a little concerned about my choice of Mini colour.:confused:

I am erring towards Silver with black roof but every time I feel settled with this decision I see a Mini on the road and start the whole process of colour choice all over again.

Is this a natural nightnmare I am experiencing?

Am I the oldest prospective Mini owner?

Hope this evokes some good responses and that we can come to some conclusions.

The forum is fantastic and I am addicted to all things Mini.:D

·
totally sure!
25,310 Posts
Welcome to Mini2 :)

I would say you are just experiencing what every new Mini owner goes through....it's called excitement! I drove my dealer mad when I ordered my first Mini. How many times I changed my colour/interior/options choice....I drove myself mad in the end. Age does not come into it just choose your colour and enjoy!

Oh and if you fancy some stripes or roof decals...go for it!

·
Registered
849 Posts
Silver with a black roof is the easy option as it doesn't take as much cleaning (thinking about your poor knees here!). It will always be a popular choice and have good resale potential.
I'm mid 40's and have Astro Black which looks dirty after 5 mins, my knees are suffering.
The good thing about being older is that you can have the most outrageous combination of colours and no one really bats an eyelid, they think you've just lost it a bit.

·
Wanted one so bought one
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Silver with a black roof is the easy option as it doesn't take as much cleaning (thinking about your poor knees here!). It will always be a popular choice and have good resale potential.
I'm mid 40's and have Astro Black which looks dirty after 5 mins, my knees are suffering.
The good thing about being older is that you can have the most outrageous combination of colours and no one really bats an eyelid, they think you've just lost it a bit.
Lol:rolleyes:

Its not my knees its my back.:biggrin:

Oh and I have lost it a bit. I just don't want people who know me to have it confirmed.;)

·
R.I.P MINI2
17,651 Posts
I can vouch for that.

I had a customer that was a retired Doctor in his late seventies that drove a Liquid Yellow Cooper S with the blue interior (which shows how far back we are going) and Union Jack roof, rear view mirror and door mirrors. He then added several the red, yellow and blue plush MINIs scattered all over the interior as cushions, and a neon green steering wheel cover.

Did he care what other people think? ;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Age and colour of mini

Hi

I bought my 3 year old mini when I turned 40 this year, mine is electric blue and I love her !!!

EB is such a lovely colour and I think really stands out in the crowd (it's a retired colour now my mini is 3 years old) I often look out onto the car park at work and there are quite a few minis out there but to me I prefer the brighter more cheery colours, like electric blue, yellow, red and pepper white, because I think a mini is a cheery car.

As for age, there is no ageism where the mini is concerned, you go for it and anyway 50 is still young !!!:wink:

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
i was 19 when I got my first mini. Red and White was my colour choice back then, but both minis since then have been all black and that is definatly my faveourite colour choice but I dont think it is age related.

My mum who is 55 years old bought a mini 3 years ago and went for hyper blue with chequered wing mirrors and stripes.
She got the modding bug straight away and put the body kit on and polished jcw wheels.
(we had to stop her from going chrome!!!)

So as said previously on this thread - there is definatly no ageism when it comes to mini stuff!

·
Now what have I done????
2,704 Posts
Have also just turned 50 (1958 was obviously a very special year!) and am looking forwards with some anticipation to choosing the colour of my third MINI. First was an Indie Blue, and my current cabrio is Cool Blue. I prefer the metallic colours, and would be delighted to have a nice metallic red this time round - only MINI chooses not to offer one that hits the spot! So I'll have to wait and see what special colours they launch for the R57, and hope there's one I like!

And I guess you are far from the oldest new MINI customer :D:D (hope to meet you at MINI United 2009?)

Enjoy.......

Ian

·
Registered
21,702 Posts
Who cares what other people think :D Its a MINI, its fits all ages, races, shapes and sizes, thats whats so great about it!! :D

The last 3 of my MINIs have been Red and White, its bright, its funky, its cheerful and I love it :cool:

Do what YOU want, its YOUR car ;) :)

...oh and im 22 by the way :p

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
Have also just turned 50 (1958 was obviously a very special year!) and am looking forwards with some anticipation to choosing the colour of my third MINI. First was an Indie Blue, and my current cabrio is Cool Blue. I prefer the metallic colours, and would be delighted to have a nice metallic red this time round - only MINI chooses not to offer one that hits the spot! So I'll have to wait and see what special colours they launch for the R57, and hope there's one I like!

And I guess you are far from the oldest new MINI customer :D:D (hope to meet you at MINI United 2009?)

Enjoy.......

Ian
.....and in contrast, I had a Cool Blue Cabrio just like Ians, and I was 20 when I got mine! So age really does not matter!

Now have another Blue MINI, a Space Blue Cooper S Checkmate :) Except now I'm 25 ;)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm 48 and on to my 3rd mini. First I had black, then silver now sparkling silver, loved them all! Black was trickiest to keep clean. Age makes no difference, you go for it

·
T o t a l m i n i . c o m
4,467 Posts
I'm 19 and on my 3rd car:D:D:D One Fiat and 2 MINI's:D So far it has been two Blues and one Red:D I am a big blue fan:D:D Go Blue:p:p

·
Where does that road go?
12,574 Posts
I started with a Liquid Yellow/Black MINI Cooper when I was 23. This decision was the cause of many jokes and digs because of the colour. :rolleyes:

At 25, I now drive a Hyper Blue/White MINI Cooper S. :D No-one makes fun of that combination. :)

·
You've just been totalled
6,860 Posts
Mum was 38 when she got her LY/W Cooper (complete with red half leather interior! ;):D)

She was 42 when she ordered her PW/B R56. Complete with stripeage :p

Go for what you want :)

·
any day now....
141 Posts
I had a customer that was a retired Doctor in his late seventies that drove a Liquid Yellow Cooper S with the blue interior (which shows how far back we are going) and Union Jack roof, rear view mirror and door mirrors. He then added several the red, yellow and blue plush MINIs scattered all over the interior as cushions, and a neon green steering wheel cover.
I suspect he might be the kind of doctor who wears outrageously loud dickie bows. :)

·
Wanted one so bought one
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the terrific replies.

Taking on board all that has been said I am now leaning towards this.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Black Mini

I think it says a bit more than the Black roof possibly would.:D

More discussion may help me sleep at night.

I have according to my wife woken her with talk about the Mini.:D:D:D

Good job she likes them too.:smile:

·
clubMINI Master
992 Posts
At 23 I had a black MINI One, Union Jack Roof, At 25 I got a LY/LY MCS with Black Vipers and at 27 I got a PW MCSc....and I loved each one for its look, then and now....I still have the LY and the Cab......There is too much choice.....and although i love CR/W I have never opted for it.....dunno why...just didn't feel like it at the time and have no regrets what so ever! Get what ever you feel like, you can always add to it later! A target detail? Vipers Perhaps.....checkered wing mirrors even.......thats the beauty of MINI.........

·
Dooper Scooper
469 Posts
22 and have had two MINIs; astro black body and roof, and BRG body with black roof, loving my newer one because it just screams CLASS!! And don't forget, it's the wheels that make a car! (no intention to begin a debate :D).

Surprised no-one has mentioned BRG actually, most of my friends have said it's an 'older generation' colour!! (supposedly...!!) :p

1 - 20 of 97 Posts