MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Second stupid question of the day, I've bought a new cigarette lighter orange plastic sleeve to replace a cracked older one. I've fitted it, but I suspect I should have dismantled the holder first and done it from within. I cannot wangle it into place and by god I've tried!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Did the original one have that bit that sits out on it too ?
It looks like you need to get that piece in first ( unless there's a slot for it ) and then twist the other side down but first id compare it side by side to the original one to check its the same shape.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did the original one have that bit that sits out on it too ?
It looks like you need to get that piece in first ( unless there's a slot for it ) and then twist the other side down but first id compare it side by side to the original one to check its the same shape.
Thanks for the replies. It's definitely the right part. The odd thing is, is there are no slots to allow the small jutting out bits to slot in. It just won't fit. My assumption is therefore that you're somehow supposed to dismantle the holder and push through from within

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
Did the original one pull out with the jutting out bits still attached then ? If not maybe you need to lift the fascia up where the lighter sits and fit the jutting out bit onto it from below the fascia and the top put in from the top of it, that way stopping the lighter from accidentally pulling out.

If not maybe Dremel or cut the jutting bits off is another option.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts