MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a Mini cooper s r56 (2010 reg). I purchased an induction kit which gives me a nice intake sound however, the sound im really after is that turbo flutter noise. Anyone have any idea how i can get this?

Im fairly not the car modification so any help is appreciated

Cheers :)

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
BOV but don't recommend for the MINI as difficult to get working correctly.

Alternative would be

Forge Blow Off Dump Valve Adaptor or similar

Forge Atmospheric Blow Off Valve Kit or similar

Turbosmart Kompact blow off valve or similar

Some people say the fluuter is not good, whilst others says it's not a problem.

·
Registered
10,933 Posts
flutter pops and bangs can be mapped in to it,, but not with a cat installed as will melt it cause all kinds of issues, had a focus st in the other day where the cat was left in my someone and melted

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I have a Mini cooper s r56 (2010 reg). I purchased an induction kit which gives me a nice intake sound however, the sound im really after is that turbo flutter noise. Anyone have any idea how i can get this?

Im fairly not the car modification so any help is appreciated

Cheers :)
Turbo flutter is caused by back pressure pushing through the turbine blades. It is terrible for your turbo and general boost performance. If you're looking for loud boost, delete the stock baffle system from from the intercooler tubes. This makes the system flow better and louder.

You can adjust add a better diverter and recirculator. Do not remove the boost recirculator and vent to atmosphere. Twin scroll turbos (like the K03 and K04 in most builds today) and their lack of lag is greatly assisted by the boost recirculation system. Venting to atmosphere can also affect MAP and boost numbers and can require some serious build and tuning knowledge.

If you add a spacer it will radically change the sound as well.

Overall, do your homework. Any increase in noise and heat is resulting in decreased power. Cars like back pressure a turbos live on the stuff. Loud exhausts that flow too much and turbos that piss of their boost to atmosphere may sound cool, but they are slowing your mini or boosted whip down and robbing your car of power.

Have fun.

·
Registered
10 Posts
This wasn't on a mini, but I had a standard filter and airbox. I drilled and cut the bottom of the airbox. That gave me instant turbo flutter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts