MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
yellow 07 mcs driver
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so wats the deal with opening the trunk? i know when u press the trunk botton on the key it unlatches and u can pull it up. when u press unlock, as in unlocking the door, you can open the trunk using the handle on the trunk. the tricky part is how do i open the trunk with the key in the ignition? when i go back to try to open the truck, the handle doesnt work. any clues?

·
yellow 07 mcs driver
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is boot the proper name for the tiny trunk? and why do they use the term bonnet too for the hood?

·
Registered
129 Posts
So, is there any way to open the trunk from the inside of the car with the key in the ignition? Most cars have a trunk release option but i cannot fin the one in my mini...

·
Registered
47 Posts
So, is there any way to open the trunk from the inside of the car with the key in the ignition? Most cars have a trunk release option but i cannot fin the one in my mini...
NO! The toogle switch on the centre console only UNLOCKS all the doors and the trunk. But you CAN NOT OPEN the trunk from inside the vehicle.;)

·
Obsessive Car Cleaner OCC
3,342 Posts
NO! The toogle switch on the centre console only UNLOCKS all the doors and the trunk. But you CAN NOT OPEN the trunk from inside the vehicle.;)
For what reason would you need to do this????

If the door is unlocked via the toggle switch and you need something from the Trunk/Boot then you have to walk there anyway and LIFT it up, if its unlocked then whats so difficult about putting your hand on the release catch on the tailgate handle and opening it????

1 - 20 of 24 Posts