MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
MINI2 Regular
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys - i got my (spray) plastidip today and gonna do my light surrounds and aero side repeaters tomorrow. just wondering a) if there will be enough in one can and b) what is the best way to do it? prep etc

cheers, Adam

·
Andrew ATC
725 Posts
I am unable to offer any help Adam, but I will be very interested to hear how you get on.
Please pass on what you learn, and best of luck with the job.
Fingers crossed thar you get some advice from our fellow Mini2ers ;)

·
MINI2 Regular
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am unable to offer any help Adam, but I will be very interested to hear how you get on.
Please pass on what you learn, and best of luck with the job.
Fingers crossed thar you get some advice from our fellow Mini2ers ;)
i'm planning on doing an image backed tutorial (thats te plan anyways)i just need to know if theres anything i need to be careful of first. plannin on doing it all tomorrow woop

·
Driver
147 Posts
whats plastidipping???? If its making trim from chrome to like black or something then im doing something similar on the weekend. Let me know what your doing!

·
XR3i / JCW MCS
543 Posts
Adam, you should have plenty I've still got half a can left after doing the headlight and side vents.

as far as prep I just gave things and good clean with hot water and fairy liquid

·
Registered
285 Posts
Adam you beat me to it, I thought yesterday that I'll do my aero repeaters in plastidip :) would be great to see yours before hand. WIll be interesting to see how the black rings look with such a contrasting body colour as I've only seen them on a light colour with a joey mod aswell. Good luck..

Rochie

·
MINI2 Regular
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cheers for replies guys - done repeaters and one rear ring. they look awsome! will post pics later

·
MINI2 Regular
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've now done my aero side repeaters and rear light surrounds. Will post pics when I can - having to use iPhone coz I just moved house and got no Internet!

I want to plastidip everything! It's so easy to use and looks brilliant! Next week I will be doing the front light surrounds and maybe the handles and badges. Oh and tomorrow I will be doing the grill surrounds so they are matte too! I love this stuff! :-D

·
MINI2 Regular
3,726 Posts
I was so impressed we have decided to stock Plastidip paint at ThinkMini !
thats great news Dave, i wont have to wait for it off ebay when i next need some! :D - oh and i did my front light surrounds and areo grill surrounds so they are also matte black...it looks better now :D

here are a couple of pics....i will get some more up when i can get some but forgot my camera when i went home. so these are off my phone.

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc310/adam_randell/IMG_0301.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc310/adam_randell/IMG_0303.jpg

·
ECMC Addict
801 Posts
I love the stuff and it must be easy to use, as I can do it and i'm really not that handy tbh.
and as MarkW said it just peels off when dry, so even if you paint somehting and arent happy with the results you cant just peel it off and do it again.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts