MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

I was hoping for some advice. I bought a dashcam front and rear for my wives Clubman and it didn't cross my mind about the barn doors. I managed to fit the front cam but I'm struggling to route the cable to the rear doors. I was hoping there is a guide on how to remove the side boot panel to make routing easier. I want to feed the cable behind the boot panel and hopefully use the cable conduit as seen on the second picture. From there I can route the cable around the window. I hope someone on here has had better luck than me? Thank you.
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design
Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
2009 mini cooper s
34 Posts
Ah i don’t know then. I’ve took the panels off the previous generation. I would say you have to take quite a lot off, on my one the hard plastic (white in your pic) in the upper corner has to come off, to then get that side panel off. See pics of mine to give you some idea. The first pic should go third but I can’t rearrange
Hood Bumper Automotive tire Automotive exterior Electric blue

Sky Automotive mirror Automotive side-view mirror Motor vehicle Mode of transport

Wheel Plant Tire Automotive tire Automotive design

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great pics thank you. I think my best bet would to see if there is room in the electric conduit as shown in my second pic otherwise it will be wasted effort removing all the lining.

Who thought fitting a rear dash cam would be difficult.
Should’ve gone wireless 😩.
Thank you for the help. I’ll keep the post going as I progress.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts