MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my car has been at Southampton for a couple days now. I guess it didn't make it onto the Isolde that left Tuesday, Nov 30th. I'm hoping it'll make it onto the Manon, leaving next Wednesday, Dec 8th. I've seen various posts with people talking about booking numbers and bill of lading numbers, etc. How do I get any of those numbers? All I know is my VIN (and my 7-digit production number). So I don't know if I'm tracking correctly at Wallenius Wilhelmsen (and the tracking link in the MINI2 FAQ is broken). Here's what I'm doing:

* I start at www.2wglobal.com

* I select Customer Centre | Cargo Tracking.

* I click "Auto Cargo" (BTW: What in the world is RoRo cargo?)

* I paste in my full 17 character VIN as my "Cargo ID", but I get no tracking info. :(

Is this the correct way to track at 2w? Thanks, - Ken

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nemski said:
Windows or MAC OS?

If Windows, you need to use IE.
Thanks. I am indeed using Windows and IE. The browser is working fine. But 2W doesn't have any tracking info for me. It says:

"No tracking information is available for the Cargo ID you entered"

I thought I'd read in other posts that some people see their car tentatively booked onto a ship before their car is even *built*! And here my car is, sitting on the dock, and still doesn't seem to be booked onto any ship yet. Is that common?

Thanks,

- Ken

·
Off to the Dealer
161 Posts
kgladstone said:
Thanks. I am indeed using Windows and IE. The browser is working fine. But 2W doesn't have any tracking info for me. It says:

"No tracking information is available for the Cargo ID you entered"

I thought I'd read in other posts that some people see their car tentatively booked onto a ship before their car is even *built*! And here my car is, sitting on the dock, and still doesn't seem to be booked onto any ship yet. Is that common?

Thanks,

- Ken
It may mean that you are booked on a K Line ship . . . . there is a link somewhere in this thread, but I don't believe their site is as robost as W2's site.

Also, depending on where you live, you may be on the docks for a bit longer. Just ask the Left Coasters here who watched several ships load and leave without their beloved Mini.

Oh, yeah, btw, once your car arrives at the VDC, the wait is even more painful. :D

·
Mines of Moria
124 Posts
kgladstone said:
RoRo Cargo is Roll On/Roll Off Cargo. It is usually in crates. It was first used in WW II For massive movement of Equiptment.

-- Joshua

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nemski said:
It may mean that you are booked on a K Line ship . . . . there is a link somewhere in this thread, but I don't believe their site is as robost as W2's site.

Also, depending on where you live, you may be on the docks for a bit longer. Just ask the Left Coasters here who watched several ships load and leave without their beloved Mini.

Oh, yeah, btw, once your car arrives at the VDC, the wait is even more painful. :D
Thanks, I'll research K Line. I am indeed a left-coaster. I live about 25 miles from Port Hueneme, so once my car *does* come in on a boat, I may even sneak up and take a peek at it getting unloaded! :)

I know 2W handles the Southampton to Port Hueneme route. Does K line handle that route too?

·
Off to the Dealer
161 Posts
kgladstone said:
Thanks, I'll research K Line. I am indeed a left-coaster. I live about 25 miles from Port Hueneme, so once my car *does* come in on a boat, I may even sneak up and take a peek at it getting unloaded! :)

I know 2W handles the Southampton to Port Hueneme route. Does K line handle that route too?
I'm not sure of K lines routes, maybe somone else is. But you could also search the monthly threads for K line shipments and see what shows up.

·
MINI2 Regular
130 Posts
kgladstone said:
So my car has been at Southampton for a couple days now. I guess it didn't make it onto the Isolde that left Tuesday, Nov 30th. I'm hoping it'll make it onto the Manon, leaving next Wednesday, Dec 8th. I've seen various posts with people talking about booking numbers and bill of lading numbers, etc. How do I get any of those numbers? All I know is my VIN (and my 7-digit production number). So I don't know if I'm tracking correctly at Wallenius Wilhelmsen (and the tracking link in the MINI2 FAQ is broken). Here's what I'm doing:

* I start at www.2wglobal.com

* I select Customer Centre | Cargo Tracking.

* I paste in my full 17 character VIN as my "Cargo ID", but I get no tracking info. :(

Is this the correct way to track at 2w? Thanks, - Ken
Ken,

You are on the right path with the tracking. I have not heard of someones car being booked prior to being built. I will say that on our MINI the booking was established midway through the manufacturing process. Even still it did not show on the WW site until it actually was already there. Then it all shows up at once! So don't be alarmed if you don't see anything just yet. Then again there is the other possibility that you are not on a WW ship which makes tracking more difficult.

You don't show in your info on the side bar where you are located. Or maybe the better term is where the MINI will be delivered to. That will help you to check which ship(s) may be headed to that port from Southampton and when. There are, from my understanding 3 ports of entry for the MINI's. NY (actually located in NJ), Charleston, SC and Port Hueneme, CA. Your MA can tell you which port your MINI will enter through.

MINI Owners Lounge lags 2-5 days behind. WW is more like 4-12 hours from my experience. The exception being when the Patriot unloaded in Charleston ovver the Thanksgiving weekend. It was Monday before the site was updated. :dark:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nemski said:
I'm not sure of K lines routes, maybe somone else is. But you could also search the monthly threads for K line shipments and see what shows up.
I just checked www.kline.com. It looks like from Europe they only go to the East coast. So I don't think my California-destined car will be on kline.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
M3Woody said:
Ken,

You are on the right path with the tracking. I have not heard of someones car being booked prior to being built. I will say that on our MINI the booking was established midway through the manufacturing process. Even still it did not show on the WW site until it actually was already there. Then it all shows up at once! So don't be alarmed if you don't see anything just yet. Then again there is the other possibility that you are not on a WW ship which makes tracking more difficult.

You don't show in your info on the side bar where you are located. Or maybe the better term is where the MINI will be delivered to. That will help you to check which ship(s) may be headed to that port from Southampton and when. There are, from my understanding 3 ports of entry for the MINI's. NY (actually located in NJ), Charleston, SC and Port Hueneme, CA. Your MA can tell you which port your MINI will enter through.

MINI Owners Lounge lags 2-5 days behind. WW is more like 4-12 hours from my experience. The exception being when the Patriot unloaded in Charleston ovver the Thanksgiving weekend. It was Monday before the site was updated. :dark:
Thanks, Woody. I am on the West coast. I live about 25 miles from Port Hueneme. My car was finished at the end of last week (around Nov 25th). It seemed to take a few days between leaving Oxford, and arriving at Southampton on the 30th.

So I was figuring it should have a booking by now. www.kline.com doesn't appear to go to the west coast. So I'm assuming I should be booked with www.2wglobal.com, hopefully on the Manon, leaving Wed the 8th.

I was just figuring I should have seen a booking number by now. (I know, I need to learn to be patient!)

·
MINI2 Regular
130 Posts
kgladstone said:
I just checked www.kline.com. It looks like from Europe they only go to the East coast. So I don't think my California-destined car will be on kline.
We have discovered that the published routes are not the only ones K-Line does. I think there must be something similar to a charter route. I know that the Atlas Highway is due into Port Hueneme within the next week or so and it has a vehicle cargo.

As others have mentioned, WW is the tops where tracking cargo is concerned.

Being a west coast car yours may sit at Southampton until there are sufficient numbers of them headed toward California. :dark:

·
Registered
12 Posts
En Route but not on WW tracking?

Owners Lounge says our car is En Route but the WW site does not have any info for the VIN. It is going to the California port (Utah is where we're buying from).

Any idea? Supposedly it is at sea, but which boat/shipping line?

Thanks,
Michael

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tracking Ship at sea

I have given up on the wallenius site because it will not take my VIN number but I have looked at their scheduling and based on the fact that MY mini was completed on Oct 19th I have decided that it must be on the Liberty. I was looking for a way to track the ship at sea and discovered the web site sailwx. If you know the ship name and it participates in a weather reporting service with sailwx, you can follow it with no problem. I will take anything I can get:rolleyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts