MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Newbie here. I have a Mini Convertible and have no idea how to wash the car. My past cars, I've taken them through Drive-Throughs but I'm generally concerned I might damage it.

Advice needed.

· Registered
631 Posts
A friend of mine used to take his through a car wash with the roller brushes, I would never trust that though. I just use pressure washer everywhere apart from the roof and then use a hose on the roof and clean it with Autoglym roof cleaner.

· Registered
48 Posts
Hi MiniMe23,

If you care about keeping it in tip top shape, see videos from Meguiar's UK and/or Ammo NYC about the two-bucket method, how to wash and wipe the car from top to bottom (particularly in your case with a convertible), as well as third-party products that will really make it shine (claying/compounding/polishing and waxing it once every so often).

But for a normal maintenance wash, a classic jet wash with a two bucket method and a couple micro-fiber towels should be just fine. If you don't even have access to that, there are waterless solutions (which need many more towels though).

Hope this helps!

· Registered
16 Posts
If you want to keep the vert top looking new longer do not wash the top every time you wash the car. I wash mine once every 4 or so washes and then only use a for cloth top cleaner (302 or the like) followed by a same manufacturer cloth top waterproofer. For the in between times when it is not washed just use a hand vacuum on the top to remove the dirt and grime. Warm water and a rag can be used to remove bird droppings and the like. The less you subject the top to harsh cleaners the longer it will retain its new car look. Note: follow the directions on the cloth top cleaner/waterproofer to the letter as the waterproofer will make a mess on exposed glass and paintwork.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.