MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, its now been offically 1 week since I've had my convertible. I've put about 450 miles on it. I'm just going to post my thoughts so feel free to comment on any of these.

I'm going to start with dislikes:

Nav System - This system needs a major overhaul. 1 button/knob to do everything . There is that extra could be button on the right side of the knob. They should have made it do some features such as easily cycle through, fastest route, shortest route, no tolls yadda yadda. Other then that this is a great system. I use it all the time now.

Blind Spots - With the top up I can't see much of anything. With the top down its much better. Still can't see my right blind spot though.

General ride - Seems a bit bumpy and can usually feel all the road issues (not sure if this has to do with the suspension I paid extra for the sports suspension. Also the outside noise is a lot louder then a hard top.

Acceleration - Yick! This is horrid on the Automatic. Though if I'm shifted into sports drive, its 100% better and I can really take off. (most of my driving now I just keep it in SD)

Rolling down hill - Was trying to parallel park on a somewhat sloped hill the other and its very hard to go in reverse up the hill since the car naturally wants to roll forward, almost hit the car infront of me when I released the break to hit the acceleration to back up.

Automatic Climate Control - A bit more complicated then it should be, see post in interior forum.

The lights on the speedometer and odemeter. These are almost impossible to see depending on which way the sun is glaring down. When driving with the sun shinning down on you. You can't see any info, time, miles.... etc.

Clock and trip odemeter. These should be on the NAV system or some place a bit bigger.

Trunk Space - What trunk? I can't fit much in it.

Handing is amazing. I can make the sharpest turns with ease.

Sound System - The Harmon Kardon Sound System is amazing. Sounds great, even using my roady 2 piping wirelessly into the radio it sounds great.

Seat Warmers - Ohhh Ahhh, these are the best things I've ever had in a car. Its just starting to get extra cold outside so these come in nicely.

Sunroof - Whoever thought of this is a genious. I love being able to open the roof partly when its to cold for it all the way down.

Opening the roof from outside. - Love being able to take down the top from outside the car (though it does take a bit longer then it should holding down the unlock).

Parking Distance Control - Very cool, love this idea. Works well.

Xenon Headlights - Don't think I'll ever buy a new car without these now. They are amazing. I can see everything on the road now.

I'm pretty sure I had a few more things but can't think of them will add later if I do.

You might be thinking boy this guy has a lot more issues then likes. Well that might be true, but I still love the car. I'm coming from a Pontiac so this was a major upgrade.

·
Registered
437 Posts
howard,

are your sunglasses by any chance polarized? I have no problem seeing the displays in bright lights, and when I did have a problem, I remembered my sunglasses are polarized and so I just tilted my head a little and everything lit up fine. :cool:

·
Registered
691 Posts
Two things:

1. Polerized sunglasses--try the head tilt, if this does not work, go with the view of the road. I find the ninstruments in an MCSC impossible to read in the sun (but that's the point isn't it? SUN)

2. Rag tops are not logical. Go with it. Enjoy. If I could have two cars, the second would be and MCSC (the first is an MCS).

·
Registered
48 Posts
Trunk Space - What trunk? I can't fit much in it.
The trunk really hurts the most. And I don't even mean the small size. The problem is that the slot is so narrow and the "Easy Load" mechnism is everything else but easy to operate.

·
I can't spell
2,856 Posts
howardpm said:
Blind Spots - With the top up I can't see much of anything. With the top down its much better. Still can't see my right blind spot though.
This gets much better with time and the right adjustment of the sideview mirrors. I've had the car about 2 weeks now and am pretty used to dealing with the "blind spot".

howardpm said:
Automatic Climate Control - A bit more complicated then it should be, see post in interior forum.
I had some trouble getting used to this and I had it in my previous MINI. Fan adjustment now turns off the unit, when turned all the way down.

howardpm said:
Clock and trip odemeter. These should be on the NAV system or some place a bit bigger.
I don't have the NAV but the placement of the clock still sucks.

Great review though!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Jake273 said:
The trunk really hurts the most. And I don't even mean the small size. The problem is that the slot is so narrow and the "Easy Load" mechnism is everything else but easy to operate.
The "Easy Load" system works best with the top down. Then you just throw everything in the back!!! I don't think you guys are living up to your 90/10 contract, but I live in southern California :cool:

Mike

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yikes!

I didn't even get to sign the contract nor did I see it. Besides its starting to get really cold over here on the East Coast.

By the way I got oakley I dunno if their polarized, but on or off it didn't help.

·
Registered
437 Posts
You try it

Hey Zen,

I'd like to see you live up to the 90/10 rule in Wisconsin. I drove top and windows down last night and it was 27 degrees F! I was fricking freezing, so much so that the grin was stuck on my face :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts