MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand that Foxton's, a real estate agency in the UK, purchased 200 MINI Coopers specially painted in corporate color scheme to use as company cars for their reps.

Since that company is running 200 MINIs on a daily basis, I would think that constitutes a tremendous database of MINI faults and fixes information waiting to be mined.

Has anyone in the UK thought to contact Foxton's fleet department to inquire if their MINIs are experiencing some of the faults other MINI owners have reported? (e.g. drifting left and the MINI's self-initiated opening of windows and door locks, etc.)

???

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Interesting that there have been zip responses to this Bruce.

I've found their web site, and it has a "contact" button, maybe Paul could make preliminary contact, might have more weight than anyone else.

http://www2.foxtons.co.uk/

Just a thought, and your right, it's a good idea, and they would be independent from BMW as well.

:)

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No takers yet?

So, nobody in the UK thinks it might be useful to hear what running a large fleet of MINIs is like? Find out about common problems experienced, common flaws encountered, and common fixes to both? Or BMW's attitude to a large customer?

Hey, Basil has even provided a link - but I think you could get more info chatting with the fleet manager on the phone....

Anyone???

·
Registered
183 Posts
I would have thought that the Fleet Manager gets a nice little discount for the MINI fleet. Bearing this in mind I do not think that they would be willing to 'slag' off the cars, and upset any sort of deal that they may have going.:)

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
blade929 said:
I would have thought that the Fleet Manager gets a nice little discount for the MINI fleet. Bearing this in mind I do not think that they would be willing to 'slag' off the cars, and upset any sort of deal that they may have going.:)
I see your point, but unless they are leased, the money has already changed hands for a fleet of MINIs and if Foxton's are not happy with their purchases, you can be sure they would let BMW and/or their dealer(s) know about it.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
blade929 said:
Any company will be eligible for fleet discount the percentage will vary on the number of vehicles. Whether they paid cash or leased them is beside the point. I'm sure the fleet manager would be happy to talk about their experiences with the fleet on an "informal" basis. Having spoken to BMW regarding the problems with some UK MINI's I no longer believe they are paranoid about bad publicity. If the problems persist, and they find out the cause BMW WILL issue a re-call. They cannot afford, neither are they stupid enough not to.

Who knows, the real estate company may have been "given" the MINI's, and could be participating in an controlled "real world" testing program. The truth is often stranger than fiction !

cheers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts