MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 57 plate Dec build with 1k on the clock, it was the service back-up car apparently and hardly used so suits me. Thanks to Catherine at Menzies very nice to deal with, picking the car up on the 31st all being well and MINI DESIGNS should be adding stripes before then.

Apart from the usual V5 form, service book of the old car with all the keys etc and other than the free 7 days insurance by mini I’ll have E-sure move my cover over.

I’m I missing anything?

How do you work out your insurance on the day of the pick up? Have to have the old Honda still insured till I get to Stirling then I really want E-sure to cover the new Mini………

·
Registered
160 Posts
Well done.

I tried to deal with stuart at Menzies but Pheniox came up with better deal. My car will be going there for servicing though as i work about a mile away.

I'd just insure you Honda till close of business on day of pick up. Your free 7 days will kick in then and you can overlap your esure policy to ensure coverage.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Don't forget to get them to sign the section where they say they're the new owners of the car and it is the same bit which relinquishes you of any liability of your Honda. ]]Can't stress enough how important it is for you to do!

My advice would be to bring with you an envelope with 1st class stamp and a pen on the day so you can post it without delay! Failing to do this would legally mean you're still resonsible for your old car!! Parking, speeding tickets etc... worse still.. any acciddents etc!

I'm sure you won't forget now :hmph:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts