MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The subject says it all ... I can't get any information in the USA about this.

I am vertically challenged and want to know if I should keep my dream of owning a MINI alive???

Someone must know :)

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Aurel said:
The subject says it all ... I can't get any information in the USA about this.

I am vertically challenged and want to know if I should keep my dream of owning a MINI alive???

Someone must know :)
I am 6' and I have a friend who is 6'4" and so long as you dont expect the rear passenger to have any leg room then you will not be disapointed there is enough leg room for the Circus stilt walker.:) :) :)

Follow your dreams with confidence.

·
Registered
110 Posts
From all that I've heard, you are on the edge of fitting in the MINI. There will be no legroom behind you, but there have been a number of people of your height asking the same question and they are getting a MINI. I'm 5'6" and finally have an advantage! Wanna shoot some hoops inside your MINI? I'm game.:D :D :D

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
My very tall friend fit in it at the autoshow. But sitting in one, and driving are different. He had the seat all the way back. BMW has been good enough to allow the seat such a full range of motion that it can slide all the way back until it's touching the rear bench.

The real question is, how big are your feet, and how tall are you sitting from your bum to your head...

He fit okay, but pretty reclined, seat all the way back. His enormous size 14 feet didn't have enough room to operate the pedals without scraping across the wiring looms tucked up under the dash. So, that would basically be a no-go.

He could be a passenger, but no one could sit behind him.

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Aurel said:
The subject says it all ... I can't get any information in the USA about this...
Welcome to MINI2, shorty! :D

From the miniusa.com site, under FAQ's, Car Questions, an exact, direct, official answer to your question:

Attachments

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hi Aurel

I'm 6'6" and when I went out for my first test drive I was really impressed with how much room I had and I didn't realise until I finished driving that I didn't have the seat all the way back. One of the things that makes a big difference is that the door handles are pretty much flush to the door instead of sticking out like they do on most cars.

You should be fine as long as you aren't expecting to have anyone fit behind you.

Colin

·
Registered
529 Posts
I am 6'5' and my bro is 6'6'. We both fit in the front really easy. On the test drive we even got our dad 6'4 and mum 6' in the back, was a squeeze but we managed it! LOL

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all ...

Thanks all ...there is hope for us tall people.

It is rather ironic that the manufacturer of one of the smallest cars on the road will post on their site that a 6'7" person can fit in and drive one (thanks Bruce, must have overlooked that FAQ) ... and all other manufacturers piss on posting specs like this for tall people.

As far as anyone sitting behind me ... of the 4 cars I've had so far none has accomodated a happy passanger behind me!

Thanks MINI ... going to the showroom on the 22nd after all ...

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Taken from http://www.mini2.com/news/news.php?id=72

Q: Do you think you could take a picture with the driver's side door open with someone sitting in the driver's seat that is approximately in the 6 foot or above range?

A: Photo's below of my father in the passenger seat and myself driving, we are both 6'. It was very difficult for even a person of less than 5' tall to sit behind me in a comfortable driving position.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Glad you got the info you needed.
As far as anyone sitting behind me ... of the 4 cars I've had so far none has accomodated a happy passanger behind me!
I think the point was that you won't fit a passenger behind you, never mind if they are happy or not.
The seat does not simply slide a lot, it slides all the way back until the backrest is touching the rear bench cushion. You can get an extra click by crushing the front seat into the rear bench's cushioning.
I've figured, for the few times we have two friends with us, I'll squish in the back, and my spouse will drive. It's not ideal, but it'll do.
A small car still makes tons of sense to me. Most cars are used for single occupant trips. The second most frequent configuration is two people. The back seat is statistically not used to seat adults very often at all. And for us, this will be a city car.:)
I also think the two seats in the back is great. The Integra had a third seat belt, but I think it was put there by sadists. We attempted to use it once, and gave up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts