MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Mini Cooper S from Mini of St Louis a few weeks ago because the markup in California is just plain robbery. Got it at MSRP and was promised to have it in my hands last friday, being delivered from St Louis Missouri to California. Well since I just moved to a new city and have a new job and no car, I had to get a car rental. I also had to get a pickup truck as the rental in order to move furniture. Add on top of that that im under 25 (im 22) theres an extra fee, so my rate comes out to be 75 bucks a day.

I figure I can afford the rental until friday rolls around and then i'll have my Mini, so friday rolls around, and at this point ive had zero contact with the moving company. I call my MA and he gives me the number to the company, I call the moving company (Erotic Car Transport or something) and they tell me that my car won't be there till tuesday. Okay..I can BARELYafford the car rental now without going broke, i'll just balance my expenses for the month (which is being spent left and right because of the relocation). Well Tuesday rolls around (today) and I call the delivery place, now they tell me its not going to be here till Thursday, I nearly broke the phone in half. What is this ********? Now I can't afford to rent the car for an extra two days at 75 bucks a day and I won't have a car till thursday? I WAS PROMISED MY CAR A WEEK AGO. Can I report these guys to the BBB? I mean why are they giving me dates if they can't deliver? My Mini is out there somewhere probably getting banged up getting scratches all over it being on a truck for the last 9 days.

It would have been about the same price if I bought it in California with the markup because of the delivery fee and the car rental (now looming at around $800-1000 and $900 delivery fee).

I am REALLY REALLY upset, now that i've woken up twice all happy that I was going to get my Mini on this day and instead getting a delay.

Whats even worse is thursday is Thanksgiving so I prolly wont get it till friday. DO NOT GET YOUR CAR DELIVERED FROM EXOTIC CAR TRANSPORT (or something like that)

·
Mini in Maine
556 Posts
I feel your pain...butttt...

Averywo said:
I bought a Mini Cooper S from Mini of St Louis a few weeks ago because the markup in California is just plain robbery. Got it at MSRP and was promised to have it in my hands last friday, being delivered from St Louis Missouri to California. Well since I just moved to a new city and have a new job and no car, I had to get a car rental. I also had to get a pickup truck as the rental in order to move furniture. Add on top of that that im under 25 (im 22) theres an extra fee, so my rate comes out to be 75 bucks a day.

I figure I can afford the rental until friday rolls around and then i'll have my Mini, so friday rolls around, and at this point ive had zero contact with the moving company. I call my MA and he gives me the number to the company, I call the moving company (Erotic Car Transport or something) and they tell me that my car won't be there till tuesday. Okay..I can BARELYafford the car rental now without going broke, i'll just balance my expenses for the month (which is being spent left and right because of the relocation). Well Tuesday rolls around (today) and I call the delivery place, now they tell me its not going to be here till Thursday, I nearly broke the phone in half. What is this ********? Now I can't afford to rent the car for an extra two days at 75 bucks a day and I won't have a car till thursday? I WAS PROMISED MY CAR A WEEK AGO. Can I report these guys to the BBB? I mean why are they giving me dates if they can't deliver? My Mini is out there somewhere probably getting banged up getting scratches all over it being on a truck for the last 9 days.

It would have been about the same price if I bought it in California with the markup because of the delivery fee and the car rental (now looming at around $800-1000 and $900 delivery fee).

I am REALLY REALLY upset, now that i've woken up twice all happy that I was going to get my Mini on this day and instead getting a delay.

Whats even worse is thursday is Thanksgiving so I prolly wont get it till friday. DO NOT GET YOUR CAR DELIVERED FROM EXOTIC CAR TRANSPORT (or something like that)
let this be a good lesson for your young self. Never, ever rely on someones else's being where they're supposed to be to balance your budget. If it had all worked out according to your plan it would have been miraculous. Suffice it to say that an emergency on your part in no way obigates anyone else to make it an emergency on their part. The company delivers when it can, according to their schedule. *shrug* It isn't any fun for you, but be glad it isn't a liver transplant eh?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Never trust anybody to do anything on-time. on-budget, or correctly.
If you can, do it yourself.
With the benefit of 20/20 hindsight, it would have worked out cheaper for you to fly to St Louis and drive the MINI back yourself, then you would have had the fun a a road trip!
Sorry to hear about your predicament and I hope the fun you will have in your MINI will make the memory of these problems fade away quickly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts